This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

910XT: Data lost in watch while sync, all data in Garmin Connect change to default

I lost the last two running data (due for upload) in the watch and all my data entered in Garmin Connect was lost.

Today I sync my running data as usual using Garmin USB via Garmin Express.
I noticed Garmin Express check for software update, and says connect to server failed. At the same time, I noticed Garmin watch turn off automatically.
I restart the watch but it stayed at power on screen with no response.
I restart again, working, and it start syncing data.
I went to check my running data in Garmin Connect, the running data were not uploaded.
I check history in the watch, only two record in the watch, the last data was 19 Nov 2017. (I've been using it since 2012 till just now)
I check all history in Garmin Connect again, the editing of running title was all reset to default (e.g. default title is XXX LOCATION running --> edit to Recovery run. It all change to the default title!)
It's crazy for all the data, notes, comment entered was lost.
Please advise what is the problem and how can I retrieve the data.
  • I have a Garmin 910XT, which I bought for triathlon training and race.  I lost recent data on watch after SYNC with Garmin Express.  My last successful Sync was Oct. 5th, 2019.  After that I have 3 runs last week and 3 bike rides yesterday.  Today is Oct. 14, 2019.  This morning I synced normally.  But I saw only one of 3 rides on Garmin Connect.  Then I synced again. Nothing changed.  I looked activity history on watch. It shows latest activities was Sept. 14, 2019.  When I browser next activity on watch, sometimes it beeps extreme long time for 10 seconds.  I saw a few activities in Oct. 2019 though it was not in order as latest show first. But It does not have my 2 rides yesterday.  I thought none of mobile apps is reliable enough for tracking where I am than my Garmin watch. 

I spent several hours looked into Garmin data and logs on Windows 7 computer, which my Garmin express installed.  I did not find my rides yesterday anywhere. 

I have been using this 910XT for 5 years.  Lost data like this only happened 2 times.  I should not complain.  I don't hope I can find the lost data back. I just wonder what's going on there.  How can I avoid it happen.