This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Gamin Express 64bit

I have a Windows 10 64 bit System and Garmin Express installs into the Programs/x86 directory i.e 32 bit program, which means running BaseCamp 4.4.6 and when trying to unlock map it fails due to 32 bit Internet Explorer not being supported. How can I load a a 64 bit version of Garmin Express?
  • Garmin Express installs into the Programs/x86 directory i.e 32 bit program, which means running BaseCamp 4.4.6

Sorry but I don't understand this. 4.6.2 works perfectly well with Win 10.
  • Garmin Express only installed a 32bit version on my 64 bit Windows 10 and and BaseCamp loads a 32 bit version of Internet Explorer 11 to unlock maps but only a 64 bit version is supported.
  • Sorry but you've still lost me. Is this an Express or BaseCamp issue you're having? Also BaseCamp doesn't load internet explorer so I don't understand that comment.

I run both Express and BaseCamp with Win10 and everything works perfectly. What exactly are you trying to do?
  • O/k in BaseCamp the City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.1 Map is Locked. Selecting it and Clicking Unlock Online brings up Unlock Maps page with Find Devices and No Devices Found greyed out. It says Garmin Communicator Plugin not detected clicking on download and installation instructions it says that IE 11 32bit is not supported. I do not understand why IE 11 32bit is called apart from the fact that that a 32bit Version of Garmin Express/BaseCamp is installed i.e in the Windows 10 Programs Files (86) Directory the 32bIt Program Directory.
  • Sorry but you've still lost me. Is this an Express or BaseCamp issue you're having? Also BaseCamp doesn't load internet explorer so I don't understand that comment.

I run both Express and BaseCamp with Win10 and everything works perfectly. What exactly are you trying to do?

Things have improved I deleted everything and reloaded Garmin Express and now Unlock Maps finds my device and I can enter my device serial number but I have no Product Key/Coupon Code to enter. How do I get a Product Key?
  • Things have improved I deleted everything and reloaded Garmin Express and now Unlock Maps finds my device and I can enter my device serial number but I have no Product Key/Coupon Code to enter. How do I get a Product Key?

Speak to Garmin Support, they will guide you through this process assuming that you have all required by them information.
  • Spoke to Garmin Support now o/k
  • Great, I'll close this thread.