I have a nuvi 2555LM and performed a map update. Now the map is locked needing a Product Key to unlock. How do I get one? I've followed the directions using Garmin Express to no avail.
Many thanks in advance!
What I am looking for is how to get the correct product key for a downloaded map. I found the map history page via www.mygarmin.com and got the "code" from that list. It had too many characters for the unlock map field. Many thanks in advance.
I did a re-download and still have it locked. I have seen others have TREMENDOUS challenges in unlocking a map file.
I am experiencing no different condition. Here are my steps:
1. Load map via Garmin Express
2. Open Basecamp. The 'map' is showing on the list as "City Navigator North America NT 2018.1"
3. Map Product Manager tells me it is LOCKED.
4. Select UNLOCK ONLINE button on right
5. This wants three pieces of information (1) Unit ID [I have], (2) Device Serial Number [I have that too], Product Key/Coupon Code (I DON'T have that). I used the info from my.garmin.com to get the 8-digit 'code' this information asks for (see 'coupon code). Was not the right stuff. Copied and pasted then tried the value labeled "Unlock Code". The fields returned 'invalid product code". AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!
Here is my question... How do I get a valid 25 character product code?