This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express won't re-install after uninstalling it.

OK, finally gave up trying to do what I wanted on Basecamp, never have I had a bit of software that did not do as it was designed to do as completely as this....useless, so I decided to un-install it.
I did it the proper way, through Windows and a few days later after deciding to update my nuvi noticed that not only did Basecamp not work when installed, it also took out Garmin Express when I removed it.

I downloaded the newest version and attempted a re-install and was told that Garmin Express was already installed.
Looked on here for a solution - basic and totally useless responses from Garmin to a previous poster who had the same issue...I had already tried the two solutions they suggested...
So I unhid all folders and deleted everything with Garmin on it..still no luck installing so I went into the registry.
I basically searched the registry for 'Garmin' and deleted every single key I came across (except one which I was not allowed to delete) and somewhere in there I saw an entry with the words: "01:\Software\Garmin\Express\installed".

After restarting the PC I successfully re-installed Garmin express and immediately searched the registry for that entry.

On my computer running Windows 7 Pro 64bit it was found here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\63F6C436BD110EC45B461B5C5000424C

Now I am not sure if it will be exactly there on any other Windows version but it can give you a start.
Deleting this key alone might make the re-install work - I don't intend to try it....