This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express doesn't find the latest software update available

Hi,
I use a Forerunner 405CX and it works perfectly, it hasn't any sync problem. More precisely the Garmin Express detects the device and syncs the workouts traces without any problem.
The only thing doesn't works it's the firmware update. Garmin Express always write the software device is updated, but it's wrong. It seems it's not able to find the latest firmware on the garmin server.
Someone have some idea to workaround the problem?
Thanks in advance
Ale

Top Replies

All Replies

• Yes I am using Garmin USB 1  ANT+ Stick with Silabs USBXpress Driver

Garmin ANT Agent (v 2.3.2) works correctly and I can associate the FR60 (the same with Express)

When I open WebUpdater (last version or old version 2.4.0) no devices are listed and the find button says

"No device Found"

Have I to try with an old Windows XP ?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to fugaldo

thank you for the feedback

Have I to try with an old Windows XP ?

your guess is as good as mine

when you have an installation or virtual machine or azure, go ahead Slight smile

question, after recording an activity, syncing and uploading is working via Garmin Express ?

when not, getting an old Garmin Express version working is an unknown for me

tell us something more about the FR60 history you have...

is it new, did you previous used it, is it second hand, is it an old GE installation, etc etc etc

on the computer in the Garmin folders do you find a folder named with the FR60 serial number ?

when yes, what is the newest file called in that folder

when no, .... am out of idea's Slight smile

happy & safe sporting

• Yes syncing and uploading works via Garmin Express !

I found the FR60 on ebay used but in perfect conditions. Just trying to ugrade the firmware. Never been upgraded I think.

New Installation of all the windows software. Now I removed Express and using ANT Agent + WebUpdater

Under Devices I have a folder called 1002884... Connect show this...

• I used to have a FR60 not so long ago, and I'm trying to remember how things worked, so let me chime in.

Syncing the watch over ANT+ with Garmin Express in Windows 8.1 worked just fine. No issues there. But I never found a way to update the firmware. Garmin Connect reported that an upgrade was available (and that was corroborated by the firmware version displayed on the watch), but Garmin Express said firmware was up to date and refused to upgrade.

And now I recall that Garmin WebUpdater won't work with ANT+ devices, I think.

So I figured that the only way to update the firmware was to use ANT agent (which in theory should work automatically), but I never attempted that.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to tmk2

happy you joined

mmm....customercare did send you a private message three years ago....think deep Slight smile

strange garmin solved it with a private message ( a workaround ?)

as you do, web search also directs to ANT agent as way to go

did you reinstall ant agent after removing express ?

happy & safe sporting

• I remember getting the private message, but it was lost when the forum migrated to the new platform. As far as I can remember the private message only said that the FR60 is no longer supported by Garmin Express and no alternative solution was provided.

• Yes I reinstalled and tried many versions:-)

Now I want to try once more.

Installing WebUpdater 2.20 I noticed it supports serial ports too. SiLabs has a VCP driver, so I wanna try to define a virtual COM Port (thinking about GPSGate splitter) and try to target that Port, searching for the FR60.

Maybe nothing change in the search...

Let me try...

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to tmk2

thank you for the feedback

there was once a Garmin Express version called "Garmin Express Fit"...remember Slight smile

this could be the version that worked with ANT

nice challenge getting this to work again

happy & safe sporting

• Nice.. Let me find Expressfit

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to fugaldo

keep in mind all the Garmin Express versions first check the internet for an updated Express version

happy & safe sporting