This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mpa update through Express always fails

Every time I connect my wife's Edge Touring to the PC, Garmin Express syncs it without any problem and tells me that there is a map update available, but as soon as I ask it to update, the process starts, saying "Preparing device for map update", and terminates a few seconds later with a message in red saying "There was an error installing the update". The current version it is trying to install is Routable Cycle Map of Europe 2016.10, and Garmin Express is the current version (presently 4.1.21). There doesn't seem to be any log file produced giving any further information on the error. The SD card in the Touring has 8.8Gb free.

I've done a factory reset on the Edge Touring, but the problem persists.

I've tried performing the update on all three PCs that we have in the house, and it fails on all of them.

I can use Basecamp to install other maps downloaded from OpenFietsMap or Velomap onto the SD card without any problem.
  • AULDNIK

I am sorry you are having trouble updating your Edge Touring with Garmin Express. The issue you are running into is normally caused because a program or setting on the computer(s) is blocking the connection to our servers. Please use the steps in the FAQ, "">What should I do if I am having problems downloading updates in Garmin Express?">What should I do if I am having problems downloading updates in Garmin Express?"

If you follow all the steps in the FAQ mentioned, you should be able to get the download started. Let us know if you still have trouble.

Dave
  • I tried all the help recommendations I could find in and out of Garmin. 
    I spent more than six hours trying to get garmin express to download two maps. This includes removing all traces of garmin from my registry and computer. Then doing a fresh install of Garmin Express. Still failed. Chat lines are broken. Phone lines are on indefinite hold. The email sent yesterday will take weeks for a response.

So this morning I tried to submit a request for a map refund. The refund will take about as long as the email with a lot less work. But now the Captcha button is busted. Hopefully I'll have more luck getting a refund than getting help desk support.

And now the Captcha is busted! Maybe the Captcha button will come alive later today.