This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express installation error

I am a user with adminsitrator rigths on my Win 7 PC.
When I try to install Garmin Express I get the following message:

(click to see it)

I have also tried running the installer right clicking on it and selecting running as an adminstrator.

Any hints how to solve this issue?

Gigas10
  • Garmin Express Update (4.1.10.0) will not install.

Hi there,

On opening Garmin Express I get the message 'A new version of Garmin Express (4.1.10.0) is ready to install. The new version contains critical updates.'. When I click OK to start the installation it gives me the message, 'Garmin Express could not be installed on this computer. Try installing again.'. I have tried installing it several times without success. The only option it gives me is 'Exit' and the program closes. I have tried to uninstall GE via, Windows, Settings, System, Apps & Features, GE, Uninstall. The message I get is 'Install failed, failed to uninstall'.

I am on Windows 10 and GE worked perfectly before the update became available.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Adam
  • Hello,

It seems that recent threads relate to the problem of installing (or reinstalling) Garmin Express.

In addition to the current thread, similar issues posted in this forum at:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?333777-Problem-installing-Garmin-Express&p=758123#post758123

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?333688-c-ant-install-Garmin-express-on-PC-Windows-7-x-64-Bitdefender-Total-security-suit

The problem has been reported with Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems.
    It also points to be an issue related to the installation privileges given by the operating system that the installer is not able to handle.

Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thank you,

Gigas10
  • Garmin Express 4.1.10.0 won't install

Getting exactly the same issue on Win 10 here, occasionally it comes up with a message that i don't have admin rights, which i do.

Arrrgh.
  • I am sorry for the troubles installing or updating Garmin Express. Please review the information in the FAQ below. It includes information that would apply to all users.

Why does Garmin Express fail to install to my Windows computer?
    https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={68b703a0-2275-11e4-eaba-000000000000}

If you continue to have trouble installing Garmin Express the circumstances around the issue are likely specific to your Windows installation. Please contact Product Support by phone where it can be investigated and corrected.

Again, I am sorry for the troubles.

Curt
  • Thank you for your help Curt all sorted now!

For anyone else having this problem it might be that you haven't restarted (actually clicked restart in the power menu) your computer in a while, I clicked restart on mine and it updated a load of things and once it had finished the update installed in seconds.
  • I am sorry for the troubles installing or updating Garmin Express. Please review the information in the FAQ below. It includes information that would apply to all users.

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={68b703a0-2275-11e4-eaba-000000000000}

If you continue to have trouble installing Garmin Express the circumstances around the issue are likely specific to your Windows installation. Please contact Product Support by phone where it can be investigated and corrected.

Curt

Dear Curt

I have done and/or verified everything as indicated in the support link you provided above.
    The problem continues to be the same.

I have also tried other potential solutions recommended in the forum.
    All with the same results (GE does not install).

Please note that every other software works fine on my PC, including GE prior to this update.

At the moment I am overseas (for a long time) and can't call support by phone.

Is there any other way I can contact support?, maybe a chat app?

Gigas10
  • Link to FAQ not working

I am sorry for the troubles installing or updating Garmin Express. Please review the information in the FAQ below. It includes information that would apply to all users.

Curt

Curt

The link you provided for FAQ is not working, i get this message:

An Error Occurred:

An exception occurred processing JSP page /searchSupport/case.jsp at line 18 15: 16: <html xmlns="www.w3.org/.../xhtml"> 17: 18: <f:view locale="#{kanaSearchHandler.locale}"> 19: <f:loadBundle basename="LocalizationResources" var="i18n" /> 20: <!-- This is intentionally commented out. Invoking this method will check to see if the request has a caseId parameter. 21: If caseId is found, we will popuulate the handler with the given case id information. Stacktrace:

Caused by:
    java.lang.NullPointerException - /searchSupport/case.jsp(18,0) '#{kanaSearchHandler.locale}' Error reading 'locale' on type com.garmin.support.kana.faces.KanaSearchHandler

Help please!

Tim
  • Gigas10

I am sorry you still get "The Garmin Device Interaction Service Failed To Start" when installing the latest Garmin Express version. If you had an earlier version, there may be pieces of it that aren't getting replaced. I recommend using a Microsoft Fixit to complete remove the individual modules of Garmin Express. Please try the following:
    • Download the Microsoft Fixit and run it.
    • When prompted, select to Detect problems and apply the fixes for me (Recommended) and then select Uninstalling.
    • Choose Garmin Express from the list of programs and click Next.
      • Repeat this for the Elevated Installer, ANT Drivers Installer, and Garmin Tray if they are listed.

• Restart the PC.
    Now, please try to reinstall Garmin Express.

If it still fails to install, please try the following workaround:
    • Launch the installer and select the options before you accept the terms.
    • Change the install location by adding an extra \Garmin at the end of it.
    • Click back.
    • Continue the installation and it should complete.

Let us know if you still have trouble. We are sorry for any trouble this has caused.

Dave
  • MME4TPC4

Tim, I am sorry you are unable to open the link previously posted. A "JSP" error is a problem with the Java running on your computer. Please try a different web browser in case a setting in the browser is blocking the Java. You may also want to update the Java on your computer. If the link still isn't working then let us know.

If you try the steps in the link but the error still occurs, please try the workaround I posted for Gigas10. Adding the \Garmin may resolve your issue as well.

We apologize if you are still having trouble.

Dave
  • Garmin Express installation error

I've had Garmin Express running fine on my laptop since it was released.

I've just tried to install the latest update and I started getting an error on running the app. I decided to uninstall and re-install, now I get the attached error when trying to reinstall

"Service 'Garmin Device Interaction Service' (Garmin Device Interaction Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to start system services"

Please help!!