This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Nuvi 1300 - SD Card reading wrong size

Former Member
Former Member
I got an email about a software update for my nuvi 1300, so I plugged it in and installed Garmin Express. Found out I had a software update and a free map update. My internal storage was full, so Garmin Express said to go get an MicroSD 3GB or greater, up to 32GB. I ran out and found a 16GB at Staples, popped it in my PC first, and it showed up as 16gb. I then stuck it in the Nuvi 1300, and it now says 2GB. Now I can't install the maps because I need at least 3gb of space.
Anyone know what is going on?
  • I'm slightly confused by your post since you mention a 3Gb card? Was that a typo?

Also where are you getting the message, and exactly what is it, about the 2Gb?

Older nuvis were limited to a map size of 2Gb, but I didn't think that applied to the 1300. I'm also surprised since that's a very old device that generally didn't come with free lifetime maps that you've been offered a free map update?

All that aside, you may find this useful

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={a209e880-9319-11e2-65d0-000000000000}

and should be able to adapt the instructions here to install the map to your PC and nuvi/card.
  • While it is an old device - one was able to purchase lifetime map updates - I did. I had a 4 GB miniSD card and used it. No problems.