This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express cannot be installed in this computer

3 days of trying to install this and now I surrender. I NEED HELP!
Bought a 910xt that is useless as I cannot upload workouts. I only have 1 computer running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Steps taken:
Ensured user account is administrator.
Created another administrator account and tried installing there.
Tried latest installer version until back to 4.0.13
Tried the ridiculous steps of choosing to run the installation software from IE instead of downloading.
Tried moving the install file to the root directory of C: and running with administrator rights.
Disabled Windows Firewall and NOD32 antivirus
Contacted support, which advised me to contact a local distributor here in Singapore named Navicom, which advised me to send the unit for checking(?!).

I held Garmin in high regard before I owned a unit. Now regret letting go of my TomTom MsCardio.
  • RONALD_FONTANILLAS...

I sent you a PM.

Jason
  • Tran_RON

I reviewed the logs that you sent in and although there is nothing conclusive about what is causing the problem, there are some steps that I can recommending based on what I see.

First, clear the %temp% directory on the computer:
    • Press the Windows key + R
    • Type %temp%
    • Click OK
    • Select all of the files in the folder (Ctrl + A)
    • Press the delete key
    • Confirm that you would like to delete the files if prompted
    • Skip any files that say they are in use

Next, clear the cached Garmin installers:
    • Press the Windows key + R
    • Type %programdata%
    • Click OK
    • Delete any of the following folders that exist:

• {4874180F-02FD-458B-AFD1-43AEA852F8E6}v2.3.4
    • {DF98E789-84E2-4DB9-94C1-321443D4B7DB}v4.1.8.0
    • {E247A9DB-7405-4D3A-A447-4C6184A66133}v4.1.8.0
    • 40C39C87E037AEBD4FDAA9D7FB824145586CE185
    • {44d9dfc0-3a4a-4439-870f-f97550a9bc8d}

After you have completed these steps, try installing Garmin Express again. I would try a fresh download from http://www.garmin.com/express in case the download that you have is corrupt.

Jason
  • Install Failed for me too

I'm having the same problem. Running Windows 10. I tried the steps your recommended, without success.
  • AVITCH

I am sorry for the troubles. These installation issues are usually pretty unique to the computer. There is not one process that will correct any instance. I suggest you contact Garmin Product Support by phone for best results.

Curt
  • windows-7 and installation Garmin express

Message to me: your system (windows 7 64 bits) is not supporetd for this program oid
    I moved the installation program (.exe) to user/my documents/Garmin and started the installation wihout any problems.
    perhaps it works also for you
  • Didn't work for me, but here's what did: Download the update from Garmin.  Restart Computer.  On boot up, go to location of downloaded update file before you launch any other app or programme.  Right click on file and choose "Run as Administrator" - Enter.  Installed without a hitch ...