This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Express won't update maps in Nuvi 2557LMT after Win 10 'upgrade'

Former Member
Former Member
Long time Garmin user (>10 years), never had an issue until now. I've had this 2557LMT for about a year, and updated the maps at least twice with no issues. Then I 'updated' the OS to Win 10. Express still launches when I connect the GPS; but now it wants me to pay to update the maps. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Support responded to my e-mail with the usual, check your cables (same as before, and the still work with everything else), check your connection (not an issue), check to see if Express needs updates (it doesn't).

This sure smells like a compatibility issue between Garmin Express and Win 10.

Anyone?
  • Have you carried out all updates to Win10? The initial release wouldn't recognise dismountable drives correctly, so that may be your problem. This thread might also help:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?315197-Windows-10-and-express-not-working/page2
  • FoothillRyder

Did you mean the nuvi 2547LMT? There is no nuvi 2557 registered to your account and if the nuvi 2547 is not the device you are referring to, disregard the following.

Are you trying to update the North American or European mapping? The nuvi 2547LMT came pre-loaded with City Navigator Europe NTU mapping only so the lifetime subscription that was bundled with the device out of the box is for the European mapping. Our records show that you unlocked a DVD of City Navigator North America NT to the device and under the nuMaps Guarantee updated the device twice. If you want to update the North American mapping, the update would need to be purchased. Since the DVD was unlocked to the device, you can purchase either a Onetime or Lifetime map update for North America.

Lisa
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Lisa, I have never owned a Nuvi 2547LMT, but I have updated the maps on my Nuvi 2557LMT. If my account has a 2547 registered to it, it is an error and must be corrected. I understand how lifetime maps work. My Nuvi 1300LMT also got updates. If LM does not mean LIFETIME MAPS, then what does it mean? Purchasing a lifetime map subscription would more than DOUBLE my investment in this GPS, which I am not going to do.

To answer the previous reply, Win 10 has all of its updates. That isn't the problem.

It does appear that Garmin has a unit registered to my account that I've never owned.

- Ron E.
  • FoothillRyder

I am sorry about the trouble. This should be resolved now. Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Jason
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Worked almost perfectly, took two tries; but the maps updated successfully. Thanks.