BaseCamp 4.5.2 Is Now Available

BaseCamp is 4.5.2 now available and can be downloaded here:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4435

Installation of this version will overwrite your previous BaseCamp installation.

• Fixed some issues sending data to devices
  • Fixed issue with cancelling a route calculation while editing data on the device
  • Fixed issue with FIT activities not being read from the etrex Touch
  • Fixed route vias showing up in the locations list of the fenix 3 and epix
  • Fixed various issues when disconnecting the device while editing data on the device

Post here if you have questions.

The non-English language version of the software will be available through the in-application software update check shortly.

Please post any bugs you may find here.

Thank you all in advance for any feedback you may have.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    ...Any one know how to get back to 4.5.1? the download link?...

Try here.
  • I upgraded to 4.5.2 and now Basecamp starts, but as soon as I try to click on the sceen (or just hover the mouse on the screen) I get a crash.

Did you submit this error via BaseCamp's error reporting? We can't help if we never see the errors.
  • I suspect since it crashes he can't submit a report ....
  • Default Icon In Marking Waypoint.

It would be nice when marking waypoint, the Icon is default to the last icon used instead of the blue flag always.

p/s Is there any place here where we can upload our custom icon to share?
  • Former Member
    Routing broken since 4.5.2

After the update to 4.5.2 I cannot create routes any more. The waypoints are always connected by straight lines instead of following the roads between them. Downgrading to 4.5.1 makes planning routes work again. This clearly seems to be an issue with this update. I'm using Windows 7 32bit with .NET 4.6 and OpenStreetMap maps.
  • Routing works fine. Are you sure you have a routeable map selected and if so an activity other than direct?
  • Former Member
    Why is it that the category Attractions/Landmarks includes so many shops and other retail and commercial places such as Art Galleries?

I would have expected that a POI listed as attraction, with a camera as an icon, would be, well, an attraction, not a business shop.
  • I would have expected that a POI listed as attraction, with a camera as an icon, would be, well, an attraction, not a business shop.

That is very dependent on the cartography that you are using. Can you tell me what map product this is and give me an example that is incorrectly classified?
  • Former Member
    That is very dependent on the cartography that you are using. Can you tell me what map product this is and give me an example that is incorrectly classified?

Right, I should have mentioned that in my post, sorry.

I am using map City Navigator North America NT 2016.10 Version 19.10

Example of search: location "Sedona, AZ, USA"... filter "Attractions"... subfilter "Landmark".

Results of POI search include a bunch of Galleries, Tours, Studios and the like, that look to me nothing like attraction landmarks.

[URL=""] [/URL]

Thanks
  • BaseCamp does classify a few smaller categories in with "landmark", but it turns out that these galleries actually are classified as landmarks in the cartography (even though that seems a bit odd).

There is a facility in BaseCamp to report feedback like this. Right click on the map (at somewhere of interest, like on Sedona), and select "Report Map Error".