BaseCamp 4.5.2 Is Now Available

BaseCamp is 4.5.2 now available and can be downloaded here:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4435

Installation of this version will overwrite your previous BaseCamp installation.

• Fixed some issues sending data to devices
  • Fixed issue with cancelling a route calculation while editing data on the device
  • Fixed issue with FIT activities not being read from the etrex Touch
  • Fixed route vias showing up in the locations list of the fenix 3 and epix
  • Fixed various issues when disconnecting the device while editing data on the device

Post here if you have questions.

The non-English language version of the software will be available through the in-application software update check shortly.

Please post any bugs you may find here.

Thank you all in advance for any feedback you may have.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Has anyone done a standalone setup of BC4.5.0, 4.5.1 or 4.5.2 with Windows 10? By that I mean downloaded the EXE rather than get a running copy of BC to do the upgrade. When I run the downloaded EXE it says Windows Media Player 11 is required. BUT as far as I can see WMP11 is not supported by Windows 10. The setup can redirect you to the Microsoft WMP download page where Windows XP/ 7/ 8/ 8.1 are mentioned, but not W10. Has Garmin actually tested this setup scenario?
  • Version 4.5.2 crash with Montana 650

After I installed 4.5.2, program crash ALL the time when I connect my Montana 650.

With Nuvi 1490 all ok....

I have that problem at my PC and my laptop (both Win 7 64bit)
  • Mine works fine with all 5 of my devices, including my Montana, so maybe there is an issue with your Montana?
  • I was using 4.4.7 on my windows 7 PC. Updated to Win10. This week ran basecamp and it suggested a new version was available, so I clicked yes.
    After download and install it crashed "MSI error".
    So I googled this thread, and went to the basecamp download site direct and downloaded 4.5.2.

It installs but won't start. I get another error.

Help.
  • Sounds like something went wrong with the installation. Uninstall BaseCamp and then install it again using the download link: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4435.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    Sounds like something went wrong with the installation. Uninstall BaseCamp and then install it again using the download link: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4435.
    Except you miss the point about Windows 10 not supporting Windows Media Player 11 even though it is required by BC 4.5.2??
  • Except you miss the point about Windows 10 not supporting Windows Media Player 11 even though it is required by BC 4.5.2??

Windows 10 ships with Media Player installed for most people, it isn't a separate install. Unless you live in a few countries that required Microsoft to ship a version of Windows without Media Player. If you live in one of those countries, falagar's link should help.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago

Does https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231 help?

No it doesn't help me (in Australia) - <<This feature pack can be applied to computers running either Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN editions.>> As far as I can tell (from control panel > System) I'm running 64-bit Windows Home edition, not Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN edition. I downloaded the 107MB Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10-KB3010081-x64 anyway. It installed OK. I then attempted to install BC 4.5.2 again but got the same error message that Windows Media Player 11 is required.

Note there are (at least) 2 other Garmin BaseCamp topics discussing this issue, and I've found other non-Garmin forums with the issue too.
  • I upgraded to 4.5.2 and now Basecamp starts, but as soon as I try to click on the sceen (or just hover the mouse on the screen) I get a crash.

I was working happily just yesterday with the previous version. Now I'm here to check how to downgrade. Any one know how to get back to 4.5.1? the download link?

------------
    App: BaseCamp
    At: 10-10-15 13:23:56 (UTC1)
    Processor: x86, Processor Level: 6, Processors:6, Model: 62 Stepping: 4, RAM: 67056800
    MAINFORM.CPP-4974-4.5.2.1

bad allocation
    Exception of type 'Cli.Infrastructure.Exceptions.NativeException_t' was thrown.
    at bc.MainForm_t.DisplayAppStartupPrompts()
    at bc.MainForm_t.HandleStartupPromptTimer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at main(String[] aArgs)

Active Map Product:
    openmtbmap_belgium_16.06.2015
    Version: 1.00

Installed Map Products:

Map Name: Global Map (Garmin Product)
    Map Id: 133758977
    Map Version: 2.0
    Map Type: Bundle
    Custom Drawn Map: No
    Digital Elevation Model: No

Map Name: openmtbmap_belgium_16.06.2015