Why is BaseCamp not showing detail?

My BaseCamp doesn't show all streets and roads when zooming in.
I basically just get a plain yellow background and a single yellow road!
I am getting more and more frustrated with this software every time I want to plan any trips!!
Please help
  • Do you have any maps loaded? Basecamp just comes with a very basic map, which from your description you're seeing. You don't say which device you have but Basecamp will also read the maps from there.

Look under Maps in the toolbar to see what is listed/selected.
  • It keeps wanting to unlock maps which I can't do.
    Under the Maps tab I have 4 maps listed, one is (installed) one is (Zumo 350) and the other Global.
    To get detail I can select Zumo but it still doesn't show detail in Spain.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 9 years ago
    In Menu/View/ deselect Base Map only
  • If maps installed on your device aren't unlocked in Basecamp see this FAQ

https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={13e85040-a8d4-11e0-fa3e-000000000000}

and if that doesn't help reinstall the maps using Express selecting the Install to computer only option.

As for the detail in Spain not showing, are you saying that it's only Spain where you have this issue even when you select the maps on your device? If so then perhaps your mapping coverage doesn't include Spain?

If on the other hand no detail shows anywhere then as SHELL222 suggests you probably have Basic map only selected in Basecamp.

Incidentally I see you also have an older map installed, does that work any differently?
  • Base Map is not selected.
    The old map shows no detail either.
    I'm getting the detail from my Zumo 350 maps but the maps installed have little detail and below the scale bar bottom right in yellow (not noticed before) it says Map Detail Locked.

I tried the "start as admin" as described in the link and it made no difference.
    I'll try the install using Express to computer only.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.
  • Tried the Garmin Express route and the same thing after installed to computer....unlock maps

Tried unlock using the Mapinstall... no joy. Same result, looking like I need the Product Key, even when "devices found" recognises my Zumo

• I think there is a problem with my login! Maybe it's not recognising I have Zumo registered cos I cannot sign in to My Garmin. Even though it sent my email address a password reset!
  • There is a long-standing conflict between the Garmin forum login and the my.garmin login under certain situations. Try logging OUT of this forum first, then try logging into my.garmin. If that doesn't work, try clearing your browser cache.
  • Thanks ADBUCK I can now log in but still no joy. My product is registered but I don't have a product key......loosing the will to live!
    What is it they say?.... Only a fool tries the same thing over and over but expects a different result!

Maybe I should uninstall everything and start again?
  • Sorted!

Just Signed in on the BaseCamp dropdown menu then updated BaseCamp!!