Basecamp - Birdseye select login issue

Hello all. This is my first Forum post. Unfortunately I have a problem trying to get Birdseye in Basecamp to accept my Username (email address) & password. I can login successfully into both MyGarmin account & this Forum outside of Basecamp with the same details but it just won't work in the Basecamp Birdseye window. Also I can successfully login to MyGarmin account from the drop down Sign-In menu in Basecamp. I am actually trying to download my first Birdseye Select map area. I have 1500 km2 available & my etrex 20 is acknowledged, but I cannot progress to the next stage, i.e download. Invalid username and/or password is displayed. Is a call to Garmin Support my only course of action ? Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Issue Resolved - Discovered a previous "Username" from registering a Nuvi 2 years ago. Using this original username (in place of my current e-mail) worked perfectly for Select download. The issue was mine all along:rolleyes:
  • Hi everyone. I'm having exactly the same problem as posted above only I can't remember the original username that I used 7 or 8 years ago. Is there a way of finding out your original username or any way to reset it?

Thanks
  • Hello Dave...... My original, forgotten, username was found in an e-mail reply from Garmin support requesting my username details, so at some point I must have requested that information. I subsequently requested a pwd reset, again via a Garmin support e-mail. I can only suggest you contact Garmin support requesting your original username details & proceed from there. Hope they can resolve your problem. Regards.
  • Hello I have the same problem with Birdseye select France (I am new user and i have good combination login/pwd) and another problem (impossible unlock of TOPO BELUX PRO on GPS): very disapointed of my Garmin. If no response of Garmin I cannot do anything with 450 Euros (Oregon 600 + maps + accessories). I also hope Garmin can resolve the two problems!. Regards.
  • I suggest you contact Garmin Support by phone, this is probably an account issue that can't be resolved here.
  • Same Here

Hi I have exactly the same issue. I am going to France this weekend and of course I cant use my GARMIN now. Looking around it seems this is a common problem that everyone seems to have a suggestion for but has not actually been solved. I emailed GARMIN support but no response as yet. GRRRR!!
    From what has worked for others it seems there are two ways of logging into your account 1: Using your email and password and 2: Using a previously supplied User ID and the same password.
    For downloading stuff in Birdseye try using the USER ID and NOT the email. When you first run Birdseye it ask you to create a user ID.
    WHat resolved this issue for was the fact although I had a confirmation email from GARMIN saying my purchase of Birdseye France was ready for download it was not in fact true it took another day to be active. I then found I had to use the user ID I created in Birdseye (via BaseCamp). Incidently BASECAMP will not run on all version of Windows. It would not install on my WINDOWS 7 desktop but would on my laptop with Windows 8.1 This is because Windows 7 needs SP1 to be installed for the latest version of Miscosoft NetWork (4.6). SP1 will not install on my Desktop.