This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Missing Waypoints after importing gdb files

I imported 8 routes from basecamp into my 2460. With Trip Planner being their desired destination.

Of those 7 imported perfectly and for some odd reason, one will not no matter what I try.

The one that will not import properly appears fine on the map in Basecamp. When I create a route, it looks fine and everything looks perfect.

However, after sending it to the device, only the first and last waypoints are in the trip planner.

I have gone back, reconnected my device to the computer several times, deleted everything I could find on the device (GPS) related to that trip
and re-routed the segment several times yet it always comes back into the GPS missing all but the first and last waypoints.

Is there anything in general I could look for?

Is there a way to view the raw files in Basecamp to see if there are problems with the data?

This one has me stumped so far.

UPDATE:
On the device, all the waypoints get imported into Favorites, but NOT into the trip planner.
The Travel time for the broken route which is only 21.5 miles claims it will take 1 hour and 10 minutes to drive that 21 miles?
In Basecamp, the details for the route correctly show ALL the waypoints, driving instructions etc. It seems the problem is outside of Basecamp.
  • There are tseveral reasons your response does not account for the discrepancy I had.

1). I used Basecamp (not Mapsource).
    2). In Basecamp, ALL the waypoints were there exactly as expected. In addition, I manually entered the addresses of the missing waypoints to ensure they were on the GPS installed maps (they were)
    3). In Basecamp, the detailed data was examined very carefully and was found to be correct in every detail.
    4). The resulting GPX file that was transferred over to the GPS correctly contained the waypoints, they simply would not transfer onth the map. The Magent route was there, none of the waypoints.
    5). NONE of the waypoints for a certain route would show up on the GPS map. Not the first, last or any waypoints in between, even though they all were verified.
    6). Several extensive conversations with Garmin technicians revealed the behavior had no common explanation. (several hours each)
    7). The unit got stuck in a never ending boot loop after loading GPX files. (According to Garmin, that could not cause a boot loop)

There apparently was no other explanation in this case other than a memory fault.

Yes, "SOME" missing waypoints in a route would be understandable. But Not ALL waypoints.
  • There apparently was no other explanation in this case other than a memory fault.

Actually there is given your expanded explanation above. As I understand it ALL your waypoints are present (none missing) BUT they don't show on the map. Or to put it another way waypoint symbols aren't displayed. On some units (not sure about the 2460) one can turn ALL waypoint symbols off and/or only have them shown a certain map zoom levels. Maybe it's as simple as that.
  • Actually there is given your expanded explanation above. As I understand it ALL your waypoints are present (none missing) BUT they don't show on the map. Or to put it another way waypoint symbols aren't displayed. On some units (not sure about the 2460) one can turn ALL waypoint symbols off and/or only have them shown a certain map zoom levels. Maybe it's as simple as that.

but alll of the waypoints on all the other routes did show? I didnt do anything different with those routes.But you make a good point. Suppose the unit arbitrarily does that to some routes due to a internal defect?
  • Tomorrow I get my replaement 2460LMT for the one in this thread I returned. I suppose I'll know by this time tomorrow evening if it was a problem unique to that particular unit.

I have the same files still in Basecamp and I'm going to try loading them into the replacement unit.

Stay tuned.
  • The replacement 2460 has ALL the routes and waypoints in it. I was never able to acheive this on the previous 2460.

That said, when I FIRST uploaded the routes into the new 2460, one of the routes exhibited the same behavior. But after rerouting them in Basecamp and uploading them again, the problem seems to have resolved.

So, I'm not sure if the other unit, when connected to the PC was corrupting something in Basecamp or what. But either way, I now have all the routes perfectly imported into the new 2460 and my new 2595.

It does not appear to have been a problem with the gpx files or Basecamp at this point, but still some murky water in that pond.
  • Good to know the replacement is working. I've used Basecamp for a couple of years now and never seen the problem you had, so suspect it may very well have been a problem associated with your first 2460. Good luck with the second one :)
  • Thanks. SFSG.
    I'm a happy Garmin Camper once again :cool:
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

I have the same issue with my Garmin Zumo 595

it's very disappointing, no way to import the route with waypoints, just the start and the finish one are there.

• Please start a new thread rather than resurrect a 6 year old one so we have up to date information, thanks.