compatibillity of basecamp to Garmin devices

Is there a list of GPS devices that are compatible with Basecamp? Or is it compatible with everything Garmin makes??
  • I would like to have one of the newer ones but I would like to use routes like I'm used to. So maybe a 1490LMT is the way to go. If I can find one.

Thanks for the heads up on the 1490.
  • So maybe a 1490LMT is the way to go.

A few of us 1490T owners here have made the comment "They'll pry it from our cold dead hands".
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 11 years ago
    If you can afford it, get a Montana 600 with City Navigator and the automotive mount. It will give you 200 *real* routes and a "route planner". 4" dual orientation screen is very pretty. Many other advanced features. But no traffic receivers or junction view. :)

Also, the "Monterra" has been announced and will ship soon. It is Android based with a 4" glass multi-touch screen. Maybe it will support some Nuvi features like traffic and junction view?

-Boyd
  • I was going to suggest a Montana as a GPS V replacement. It is Garmin's current "all round" model. You pay for it though (as you did for the GPS V as I recall. I remember "lusting" after one.).
  • I was going to suggest a Montana as a GPS V replacement. It is Garmin's current "all round" model. You pay for it though (as you did for the GPS V as I recall. I remember "lusting" after one.).

The GPS V was expensive in it's time. And it does it all. But this time I want a dedicated car GPS that does just that very well. The GPS V has a very small screen and it is just to small and hard to read at a glance. Without a doubt I'll keep the GPS V for everything but the car. I don't 4-wheel much any more and where I hunt I know like the back of my hand.

I have found a 1490LMT for $179.00 shipped. I'm still thinking about it, will probably get one of them.
  • I thought about buying a GPS V from eBay but I'd probably never use it anyway. Even my (now) lowly 76CSx has a bigger (color) screen, more memory etc and I don't use it much anymore.

GPS V review