BirdEye Download is Faster!

Not a speed demon by any means, but tonight it's a far cry from what it was. Is it my imagination or is this a taste of what's to come? I'm excited!
  • C'mon Garmin!  It's 2024!! Most of us have high-speed internet with data speeds of 250mbps up & down or better!  There's no way a 250mb Birdseye file should take 45 minutes to download from your servers!  Good thing I planned my route a couple days in advance!  Ugh...ridiculous!  

• Agreed, exceedingly ridiculous. From what I can tell the Birds Eye, an advertised feature on even current models like the Zumo XT, is limited to 1Mbps - the approximate speed of your average internet connection more than *TWENTY* years ago.

Broadband is now defined by the FCC as 100Mbps, yet this product is limited to only 1% of that value; and many people have access to Internet access in excess of 1Gbps. For example on my 2Gbps service plan Garmin is able to utilize 0.05% of my potential speed. Yes, you read that correctly 0.05%

Now, honestly, I could live with that as there's no subscription - even though I paid for it included with my device as an advertised feature - if it were possible to queue up more than a paltry 232MB of data at a time.

Clearly Garmin, a 32.25 billion dollar corporation, can't afford a decent internet connection; but at least let me queue up 1-2GB at a time and let it run for a few days. Do you hate your customers so much that you want us to spend tens of hours drawing little boxes instead of being outside using your products?