Copying Routes

I am using BaseCamp to plan my driving routes, once complete I connect the device to the computer, copy the routes to the device (G86) by highlighting the route or combination of routes, right click, "Send To" then select the Device/memory card.

When I look at the Library Pane in Basecamp I can see the files on the Memory card, and on the "Internal Storage" folder. If I use the windows explorer I can see the Internal Storage folder showing a Free/Used bar graph, but the Memory card shows totally unused.

When I check the device, not all of the routes are visible.

I am happy to accept I might have the process wrong, am happy to take advice from anyone prepared to offer it.

Barry

• Not sure what a G86 is, please clarify.

• Sorry, It is a Garmin Drivesmart 86. In car 8 inch GPS nav device

• Thanks, then not sure exactly why it's not working if you can see the data in BaseCamp having sent it to the device or card. Few things to check. Is the card formatted as FAT32? Anything larger than 32Gb isn't FAT32 by default and your device won't be able to read it. Also check that you are sending routes and not tracks, and that the routes aren't too long and/or too complicated with many viapoints. Routes over around 200 miles can cause issues. Note too it may take a little while for your device to show any newly sent routes.

• I suggest this test:

In Basecamp, select a route and then go to File > Export > Export Selection which will create a .GPX file.

Connect your Drivesmart to your PC then use a file explorer to copy the .GPX file created above to the \Garmin\GPX directory on the memory card.

If the Drivesmart then doesn't see it, it is likely that the device is not reading the SD card.  A formatting issue as mentioned by is likely.