Newly downloaded Basecamp slow and glitchy on Win 11

I have a powerful computer with fast SLI graphic cards, tons of memory, and 4k monitor.  Connected and downloaded everything from my RV760

Is it normal or can I do something to make the program work faster and smoother?  I find that scrolling is slow in loading map segments.  Clicking on map can take a few seconds to get a respond.  Scrolling is painfully slow.  When fully 4K, the map may not even load.  Numerous times I get a timeout.  I've experienced this with any other program.  Not sure what is causing it.

I have tended to us OnX Maps and Gaia and Google Maps.  They all work fast and smooth.  I was hoping to get this to work so trips could be more easily uploaded, but it seems the program is very slow.

Any suggestions on how to speed it up and make it useable?

• Additionally: search for cities is slow, zooming in or out is very slow.  3D map shows nothing.

• Calculating a simple point-point route takes a full minute or more for which all other program do instantly.

• Basecamp is very responsive on my Win10 laptop (i7 processor, 8GB RAM, 2GB graphics card) with the map installed on it.   Is the map is installed on your computer?  If it isn't, Basecamp is dependent on the RV760 being connected and running the map from it. 

• I have BaseCamp on both Win10 and Win11 PCs. No difference between them and certainly not slow. If you're reading the Garmin map from your device that may be slow, the solution is to use Express and install the map to your PC, although even when I use the map from a device I don't experience the type of performance you're describing.

• Yes, the Map and everything else was downloaded.  It took a while, but it did.  I shouldn't have to tell it where to look for the map, should I?  I watched the blue download bar download it all.  I suppose I will try again with the GPS not connected, but that would be less convenient to always have to connect and disconnect.  I'm using this in my motorhome with the computer always connected to the GPS....when driving the computer is off, of course.

• I shouldn't have to tell it where to look for the map, should I?

Yes.  In Basecamp, go to the "Map" pull-down menu.  You should see two versions of the map, one suffixed with "(installed)" and the other suffixed with a reference to the device (mine is "(zumo XT)".  I suspect that the one on the device is selected.  That menu will list the other maps on the device as well.  The only navigable maps I have are City Navigator North America so I ignore all of the others.

• I'm not sure you have downloaded the map, did you use Express to do so? If you did then you need to select the map on your PC as explained by 

You can leave your GPS  connected