This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

error in map source

I plugged in my Garmin 276cx GPS, to transfer the fishing points to the computer, I use base camp for this, but now it presents an error and simply deleted more than 4000 points from the GPS, I'm glad I had the points saved, I only lost a few , I work with sport fishing and that's why I have around 5000 points on the GPS, I had to use the map source to replace the points on the GPS, I've already updated the GPS and program and it keeps giving errors and not connecting to the computer, do you know what can happen? be happening?
thank you
captain Matias

• I

Ich habe mein Garmin 276cx GPS angeschlossen, um die Angelpunkte auf den Computer zu übertragen, ich verwende dafür Basecamp, aber jetzt zeigt es einen Fehler an und hat einfach mehr als 4000 Punkte aus dem GPS gelöscht, ich bin froh, dass ich die Punkte gespeichert hatte, Ich habe nur ein paar verloren, ich arbeite mit Sportfischen und deshalb habe ich etwa 5000 Punkte auf dem GPS, ich musste die Kartenquelle verwenden, um die Punkte auf dem GPS zu ersetzen, ich habe das GPS und das Programm bereits aktualisiert und es bleibt bestehen Fehlermeldungen geben und keine Verbindung zum Computer herstellen. Wissen Sie, was passieren kann? passieren?
    Danke
    Kapitän Matias

• Well there is no way connecting a device to either BaseCamp or MapSource can delete data on a device, whatever happened must have been caused by something you did. At least you had a backup and could restore the points.

You say it won't connect to BaseCamp but you keep getting errors. If you require help you need to give more detail on what the errors are and when they are happening.

• But that's exactly what happened, I plugged the GPS into the computer, I had the base camp page open, at the time some small windows appeared informing me of a connection error, I've been using it for many years, I know how to use it.
    gps updated to version 5.9, base campa version 4.7.5, the error message says that it is a communication and file reading error, I have already changed the cable and the error continues.
    I tried to put an image of the error here, but I couldn't,

• Ah so the file is corrupted? Nothing to do with BaseCamp. Is the data on a sd card? If so try reformatting the card to see if that helps. If it doesn't you'll need a new card.

• I don't save the points on the card, they are saved on the device, now I'm using the trackmaker, it downloads the points to the computer without any problems.
    Thank you for your attention

• Maybe Windows updated the operating system and caused this.

• It can't either. Anyway glad it's all resolved.