This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Route properties box do not open

Created a few new routes today, all working fine, now I can't open properties boxes on waypoints or routes, any ideas? Double click has always worked before and still did up to an hour ago.

Appreciate any help, many thanks.

Jonathan

• Try closing and reopening BC, or switch off then on your PC.

• Thanks for such a quick response, unfortunately neither of those suggestions worked, I'm still struggling!

• Uninstall then reinstall BaseCamp would be the next step

• Will try that next, thanks

• Fixed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Basecamp to no effect, problem still the same.

I uninstalled Basecamp again and then deleted all the Garmin and GARMIN_Corp folders under:
    C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\

And then deleted all the Garmin folders except \USB_Drivers under:
    C:\Program Files\

Then reinstalled Basecamp and it now works ok.

I assume that one of the folders contained a configuration detail causing the change in behaviour, the deleted files were then recreated on the fresh install correcting the problem.

Thanks for your help!

• This has been happening to me regularly since upgrading to a UHD monitor (alongside a lower-resolution second monitor). 

Find the file user.config under AppData and open it in a text editor (I found it in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\GARMIN_Corp\BaseCamp.exe_Url_urbejbdz42c555ix3xqbitecusqt0tuj\4.7.4.0\)

Close Basecamp and change the coordinates for this property value to 0, 0 then re-open Basecamp.

<setting name="PropertiesDialogPosition" serializeAs="String">
                    <value>3888, 1048</value>
                </setting>
  •  Thanks a lot, this just fixed it for me and v4.7.5 of Basecamp. Much easier than uninstalling and reinstalling Basecamp. Great!

I found the according user.config file here:

c:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\GARMIN_Corp\BaseCamp.exe_Url_urbejbdz42c555ix3xqbitecusqt0tuj\4.7.5.0\user.config

And it's the same situtation here: One 4K/UHD monitor in combination with a lower-resolution second monitor! This seems to be something the Basecamp developers did not consider thoroughly yet.