NEWBIE here. ? om will not alert

Hi everyone, I'm sure this has been asked but I am new to making routes.    When I looked at the directions I noticed "Wont alert " at all the intersections I will be making a turn.  Does this mean it wont alert me that I am coming to a way-point ONLY and it will still tell me a turn is coming upi?

Thanks for your patience  

Parents
  • Yes, it means that it is a shaping point, not a via point, so you won't be alerted as you pass it.  Should you wish to you can change them to Alert on arrival by right clicking the points in the Route Properties and selecting Alert on arrival.

Incidentally i assume these are points you've inserted.  It's not good practice to put them on the junction, far better to place them after the junction.

• Yes, it means that it is a shaping point, not a via point, so you won't be alerted as you pass it.  Should you wish to you can change them to Alert on arrival by right clicking the points in the Route Properties and selecting Alert on arrival.

Incidentally i assume these are points you've inserted.  It's not good practice to put them on the junction, far better to place them after the junction.

Children