This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BC and GE again

Bought a new laptop, still windows 10 and still a DELL computer.

Used their move everything from one computer to another computer software, but BC doesn't see Google Earth story again.

BC is still 4.6.2, same Google Earth as before, which launches and runs fine on it's own.

Even with GE open, BC doesn't see it.

What is the latest in connecting BC and GE together again?

• Same as before, let me find the solution for you.  Just be careful in that my version of GE automatically updated itself and the fix doesn't work, I had to uninstall the latest GE and needed to revert to an earlier version that doesn't update itself.

Edit:

This is the fix that works for 4.6.2 and earlier versions of GE, it does not work (or at least I couldn't get it to do so) on a Win10 system when GE updated itself a week or so ago.  If it doesn't work for you just check where googleearth.exe is installed and adjust below as necessary.

From the Command Prompt, and signed in as an Administrator, type the following as applicable and press ENTER:

(Make sure you are in the C:\ root directory)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer (works with Google Earth Pro in Win 7...10)

"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth Pro\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer (Google Earth Pro in XP)

"C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer (Google Earth in XP)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client\googleearth.exe" /RegServer (Google Earth non-Pro on Win 7, 8.x and 10)

Note for those not used to using the command line in Windows, the double quotes in all of the examples are critical. They MUST be there and in the indicated places or you'll get an error that the directory name is invalid. It won't harm anything; it simply won't work.

• I still had these instructions and was hoping maybe something new had happened since I don't hang around here anymore. Everything's back working again. Thanks.

• Great, I'll close this thread.