This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fuel Planning

I am planning a 1200 mile trip via motorcycle and when to add waypoints every 175-200 miles for purpose of finding gas stations. Is there an easy way to do this?

• Guess it depends what you mean by easy?  You can bring up a route in BaseCamp and look at it's properties, select the Route Directions tab and then click on a point at 200 miles, see where it is and add a viapoint etc etc.  Or am I misunderstanding what you're after?

• The best way would be to automatically add a waypoint every 170 miles on the trip route so I could go to each waypoint and add a fuel stop. Seems the easiest way that I have found is to hover over the route with the pointer, find the mile point that I want and search for a gas station on that zoomed area.

• Well there is no way to do that 'automatically' I'm afraid.

• You would think it would be a no brainer especially for the trip planner mode. "Search for gas stations every x miles on my route" Seems like a fundamental part of planning a trip!

• For you I guess, bear in mind BaseCamp was initially aimed at on the trail devices, it then migrated to on the road ones.

• What I'd suggest, I have a Zumo, is to create your route - don't worry about fueling stops at this point. Transfer the route to your device. Now I know this will work on a Zumo, I would begin navigation of the route then select to search for gas stations. The device will list possible candidates - select and then find the same spot in Basecamp. Repeat for the next and so on. Not totally automated but it is one method I've used along with what has been suggested.

• You can download and use the GasBuddy app. New feature is put in your route and will find gas for you.