basecamp excludes RV from garden state parkway

Garden State Parkway in New Jersey DOES allow motorhomes and campers on its entire length. My RV770 blocks it when I set vehicle as RV but allows it when I set as Driving. How can I remove this restriction on the RV vehicle?

• Try changing the options in BC for the RV activity.

• Thank you for the suggestion. I cannot find any settings under options related to this issue. The Garden State Parkway  does not appear in avoidances so I am rather puzzled . This has been a point of confusion for many RV'ers. Some insist that the Garden State Parkway in NJ does not allow RVs. I believe the Rand McNally GPS excludes RVs as well. Yet many rv'ers travel the GSP frequently with no issues and correspondence with GSP staff indicate they don't have a problem with it. I am trying to determine exactly what causes Garmin to think that RVs are excluded so I can try to convince them that this is not the case. We travel the GSP frequently and it is very annoying when the GPS keeps telling you to exit at every opportunity. Once again, thank you for your suggestion!!

• I'm slightly confused as to whether you're talking about in BC or on your device? You mention that if you switch to Driving it allows it, so I assumed that was in BC. It would indicate there was a setting in the RV activity that was preventing it.  Now you mention the GPS tells you to exit.  If it's the GPS then it will be a map issue, try reporting it to Garmin or HERE, who supply the maps to Garmin.

• I apologize for my poor communications skills. I am having this problem with BC.I cannot find any settings in BC options that would prevent an "RV" vehicle from using the Garden State Parkway. I did clear an "avoidance' for that map area in the BC options under Activity Profile (RV vehicle selected) but that did not resolve the issue.   

• Well if it works in the driving profile as you say then compare the two, there must be a setting difference that would allow it.  Alternatively simply use the driving profile Slight smile

• Looking at the behavior of BaseCamp and the restrictions for the Parkway, I would guess that BaseCamp does not distinguish between RVs and commercial trucking (i.e. it uses commercial restrictions for RVs).  The restrictions state that no trucks and other commercial vehicles are permitted north of Tinton Falls.  In addition, there is a weight limit of 7000 lbs on all vehicles north of that point.

At one time the RV profile included things like weight, height, width, and weight, but that is no longer present.  Since the RV profile mimics the Trucking profile, I suspect that RVs are being treated as commercial semi-trailers.

• That's an excellent idea. I have already plotted a route in driving mode. I am curious to see how the gps itself will react when I travel the GSP, since the RV770 is set to RV mode. 

Thank you for helping.

• Try running it in simulation mode, you'll then see how it reacts before you travel it.

• Another great idea! I will try that once I determine how to do it. I will consult the manual.