This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help 1450 to usb drive?

Hello My nuvi 1450 must have a bad connection for the data cable as it keeps disconnecting from the compute as I am trying to use Basecamp. I read that you can copy the files from the 1450 to a usb drive and basecamp will read that as if the 1450 is actually connected and therefore allow me to use it's map to plan my routes in basecamp. 

Therefore, I connected a new usb drive and the 1450 garmin gps to my laptop. Once the folder for the 1450 opened I made a copy and pasted it into the usb drive. It all seems to be there and basecamp automatically recognizes it except the map does not show up.....

-Under maps category it only shows : Global maps not the map I need from 1450!!!!!!

-It lists the usb drive under DEVICES: nuvie 1450 so it is recognizing the usb as the 1450..... 

-What did I do wrong or what do I need to do get the map to load from the usb drive?  did the map not get copied from the 1450 originally?? 

Help I am lost and tired of my 1450 constantly disconnecting from my laptop. 

Thanks