Basecamp & City Navigator

My apologies if this is posted elsewhere (or seems rudimentary) but I've searched for this answer and can't find...

In Basecamp, I am not seeing 'City Navigator' as a map choice. I have just 'Global Map'. Note: this is without the GPS connected to my PC.

Is 'City Navigator' available as a map choice when the GPS is connected (my Garmin unit is stored GPS elsewhere so I don't have easy access to it)?

If so, can I then download/copy to my PC so I can plan a route when the GPS unit is not connected?

Also, if I can't 'download/copy' City Navigator and I were to purchase (essentially a second copy) of CN, would this give me the full route planning in Basecamp?

• Yes, the map on the gps is accessible in Basecamp.  For the short term you can connect your gps to your computer via usb and Basecamp should be able to read the map from there. The first time you hook it up it may take several minutes for Basecamp to index the map so be patient.   Because the usb connection is relatively slow you will get better performance if you download the maps from Garmin directly to your computer.  To due this you would use Garmin Express.  Garmin Express is the software that is used to update the maps on your gps, and when updating the maps on the gps one of the choices will be to download the maps to your computer also.

• Breezly- thank you, thank you!!!

This worked like a charm! Basecamp was fairly useless without CN.... on the verge of purchasing and you saved me $80!!

thanks again!

• You can get Openstreetmap maps free.

You would need to use a USB drive or a USB drive simulator.