How to make a route conform to different way points?

Example: I have one beginning location and one ending location -But, I want to make a course correction so that BaseCamp will outline the route that I wish to go.
Problem: If I add a red-flag waypoint to make the route conform to my wishes, then when it's downloaded to my Garmin, the Garmin will only show the red-flag way point as the final destination until AFTER I reach that waypoint, Then the Garmin will show the final destination, distance and time to reach it.

I hope that I explained that right.  Is there a way to change a BaseCamp route to meet my desired route without creating multiple "time and distance to" points?

• Which Garmin?  I'm also confused by your description.  Not sure what you mean by a red flag waypoint, and at one point you imply you're adding it to make a course correction but also that it's the final destination?

Certainly BaseCamp allows you to make changes to routes so that they operate correctly but I can't advise at the moment as I'm unclear what you're asking?

• Nuvi 2699
    Software Version 8.80

(Sorry, the model number used to be in my signature)

Yes, if I add a BaseCamp way point (normally indicated by a red flag icon) the Nuvi will treat that as a destination.
    So - when driving, the Garmin show the time and distance to that waypoint - even though that is not the final destination downloaded to the Garmin.

The final destination (time and distance) appears AFTER the way point has been reached.
    I would like to make the route conform to my wishes without the way point(s) interrupting the information regarding time and distance to the final destination.

• You can set the datafields to many options, sounds like you're looking at distance and time to viapoint, not to end.  I have 4 datafields on the right side of the screen. They show time and distance to vias and time and distant to end.

• My Nuvi will only show 3 data fields on the right.  I changed the eliminated the total miles and turned on the destination data.  I think that should do the trick.  

• If you've set the datafields to time to destination rather than time to viapoint etc then yes, it'll do what you want.

• You can add just one, or multiple waypoints to your route. The route will be adjusted automatically after adding any waypoint. Please note that if you add multiple waypoints, they will be ordered in such a way that you will drive the shortest distance between them.