Basecamp - I struggle! (Memory Map User)

Hi all

I find Basecamp very clunky and struggle with it a lot. I've used memory map for years and find myself going back to it to create routes and then manually copying the gpx file to the Garmin Etrex - not how it should be!

I have 2 issues.

1. Using Memory Map - if I create a route - it gives me a rough idea of route time - I cannot make this feature work in basecamp. I have filled in moving speeds on the Hiking profile (which seems to default to motorway speeds!!??) and 'recalculated' the route - and absolutely nothing happens. Time at destination is the sames as whatever start time I type in.

2. I am trying to add a few waypoints to the middle of a route - but everytime I do it the route goes crazy and adds a load of segments I don't want. It appears to be trying to latch on to known paths - and I don't know how to turn this off.

See the images attached.- I added just one point on image 2, and got loads of little 'legs' hanging off the route.

Any help would be appreciated. I almost find Basecamp is trying to be too clever, and in the process becomes unusable.

Cheers

Tony