Hiding waypoints

I did a search on this and found a reply of 7 years ago by Sussamb. I'm just asking now to make sure that I understood the resolution

I have several kayaking tracks that overlap the same area on my map. Thanks to help here, I've learned how to hide all but the track that I want to follow. However, I have confirmed with Garmin that, on my Montana 610, there is no way to hide the waypoints. So, on the 610 screen, I only see the one track that I created in BC, but I see all the waypoints from all the overlapping tracks, which makes things very cluttered. I see them all in BC, too, of course, but on my PC screen, it is not so bad.

Seven years ago, Sussamb said that he used routes and this did not happen with routes. I would like to be clear on how to achieve what I am trying to do. If I take one of the tracks and in BC, create a route from it and all the associated waypoints, when I select that route in BC, I will only see that route and its waypoints, correct? Similarly, when I transfer that route to the 610 and select it in "where to", I will only see that route and its waypoints, and none of the other waypoints or tracks, correct?

Thanks much.

• I can't see how to edit my previous post. I may have answered my own question. My understanding was clearly wrong. In BC, I just right clicked on a track and selected create route. BC created the route using the same waypoints as were related to the track. (I did not select the waypoints.)  I then copied the route to a list containing tracks that overlap it. Even though the creation of the route from the track brought in all the waypoints from the track, when I opened the route in the receiving list, the waypoints were not there. I had assumed, incorrectly, that the route included the waypoints. (I know the track does not.) So, I copied all the waypoints to the same list. When I opened the route, all the associated waypoints were now there, but I could see all the overlapping tracks and their associated waypoints, too.

So, I guess that I am back to my original question. Is there a way to see only a route/track and its associated waypoints either when looking in BC or on the 610?

• In BC you need to create a separate list for the items you want to see on their own. On your GPS you should only see a track or route if you select it.

• Sorry to sound so dense, S. I did remember your advice in my previous post about this issue. The difference here is that I am trying to make waypoints disappear. If I have overlapping tracks or a route that overlaps a track, I can set the 610 to only see one of them, but the waypoints from both of them show. Is there a way to only see the waypoints of the active track or route?

I'm guessing that only way is to delete the waypoints on the garmin that I don't want to see. I can always replace them later from BC.

• Waypoints always show, although you should be able to set the zoom level so they turn off/on at appropriate level. There's no way as far as I'm aware to remove waypoints you don't want to see at a particular time, as you say the only way would be to remove them.