Installing several maps by garmin.openstreetmap.nl?

I remember that I came across the similar topic, but I can't find it now.

Is there a way to install and use several maps by garmin.openstreetmap.nl in Garmin Basecamp. It seems that the maps downloaded separately can't get along with each other, probably because they have the same name. In the topic I'm missing now it was advised to install Mac OS gmap set as it doesn't put any registry entries like Windows Installer does. I've tried and get no success. Basecamp still displays only one map. Renaming via JaVaWa GMTK is not a remedy either. The map gets a different name only visually, but seems still retaining original name in one of its technical files.And as I install another map set the previously installed map gets overwritten and non-readable for Basecamp.

• I have numerous OSM maps installed and BC can index them all without issue, that's on both  Win7 and Win10 OS so unsure why you're having a problem.

• Is there a way to install and use several maps by garmin.openstreetmap.nl in Garmin Basecamp. It seems that the maps downloaded separately can't get along with each other, probably because they have the same name.

Are you downloading the Windows installer for Basecamp format maps? You can certainly install multiple different maps using those and access them in Basecamp without any problem.

• That site uses the name file name. You have to change the name of the map file too.

BaseCamp only lets you use one map at a time. You can pick the map from a list of installed maps.

The easiest thing to do is to have the map *.IMG files in a \Garmin folder on a removable drive. BaseCamp will see it as a plugged-in device and use the maps. This approach just lets you copy files to install maps.

You can even use a drive simulator (make sure the fake drive is marked as removable).

I use the following on Windows:

sourceforge.net/.../

Since you are talking about using a Mac, you should have posted this on the Mac BaseCamp forum.

• Use JaVaWa GMTK (a free download and extremely useful) to rename the computer map after each OSM install.  With GMTK (Extra > Change map name and ID) you can change the name to whatever you like and you must also change the Family ID number. 

Choose any other number than the one that is installs with.  Then go and install the next OSM map and use GMTK again to change the name and number.