Can I create subfolders under the internal storage folder on a Montana, using BC?

If this is more a question of hardware than BC, please delete it.

I create tracks in BC, then transfer them to my Montana, to be followed while kayaking. Frequently, a new track overlaps a previous track. On BC, I know how to filter out the old track while creating the new one. But, on the Montana, while kayaking, both the new and old track show.

Is there any way of filtering out the old track, like I can do on the PC, using subfolders?

• You can set tracks to either show or be hidden, is that what you want?

• I'm not sure. I went to the manual and followed the instructions for "showing saved tracks on the map". However, when I selected a track from my list of saved tracks, the show on map was turned off. It still showed, though when I selected another track that started at the same point.

In BC, I can see the option for show on map, but selecting it does not seem to change anything.

• Then I'm not sure, on my handhelds (Etrex 20 and Montana 650) I can set tracks to show or not show on map.

• Thanks for this Sussamb. I'm sure that my Montana 610 should behave as your 650 does. Now that I know that this is not a BC issue, I'll stop the conversation. I'll continue to play with the 610 to see what I am doing wrong. It's likely some small thing. With luck, if I can't figure out it by myself, I'll find some online resources to point me in the right direction.

Thanks again for letting me post this off-topic question.

• No problem it was sort of BC related Wink

• I also use a 650 and use the Show Track switch all the time with no issues. I am going to guess that you may have more than one of the same track so even though you turn one off the other is still on. I suggest turning all off and see what happens.

• Thanks, Dennis. I realize and am grateful that Sussamb is letting this thread live despite not being altogether BC relevant. I don't want to stretch his patience, but I would like to respond to you.

Here is what I just did. I followed the instructions in the manual, navigated to he step where I can select to "show on map". I selected it and the screen showed "on". Then I went to "where to" and selected that track. It showed on the map. So far, so good. I turned off navigation, when back into "show on map" and turned it off for this track. I went back to "where to" and selected that track. It still showed on the map, even though I had turned 'show on map" off.

I only have one track of this name. I created it in BC and transferred it to the Garmin so that I could use "where to" and follow it while paddling. When I create the track while paddling, I save it as a different name. However, it does not matter whether I turn "show on map" on or off, both tracks show on the Garmin's screen. That is what I am trying to address.

Am i doing something wrong here?

• If you select the track it will show on the map. The other thing to check is whether you're seeing your current track rather than a saved track. Have you deleted current track, if not try doing that and see what happens.

• I don't want to clutter up the BC forum so to be brief... My 650 has no "where to" function or at least I haven't seen it. After I copy my tracks to the 650 I locate the one I want to follow in the Track Manager and set it the "Show On Map" I also set the color to red so I can see it easily. Then I just follow the red line on the map. Once I am done I either delete that track or "Hide on Map". That's it.

• I want to thank you both very much. I used the 610 this past weekend and was able to see only the track that I was following and the current track.

Dennis: I guess that's one of the differences between the 610 and the 650. On the opening screen, I have icons for "map", "where to", "compass" and "mark waypoint". On the side, I see the battery strength, satellites strength, time   and date.

I make a track in BC, with waypoints. Using BC, I copy the track and its waypoints to "internal storage" of the 610. When I'm on site, I press "where to", select the track that I copied from BC, and hit Go. The screen changes to show the starting point of the track. I back out to "current track" to start recording the paddle, then I move back to "map" and I see the track that I created in BC. I follow it. The 610 is creating a new track while I follow the BC-made track. When I am finished for the day, I go back to "current track" to stop recording and save it. I then need to go back to "where to" stop navigation.

Maybe your method is the better one. I may try it next time.