BaseCamp 4.6.2 is available

We've just released a new version of BaseCamp. You can download it at http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4435. Updating from within the app will be available shortly.

We've interacted with a number of users that helped us track down some pesky bugs. Thank you so much for your assistance. We appreciate it very much.

• Added support for downloading preview imagery for BirdsEye Select.
  • Added support for displaying DEM shading for some cycling map products.
  • Added support for track metadata from FIT files.
  • Improved entry of position coordinates on the Waypoint Properties dialog.
  • Improved performance of some track editing operations on the map.
  • Updated the Czech translation for 'road'.
  • Updated route avoidance settings to be more like PNDs.
  • Fixed BaseCamp incorrectly showing certain maps on card or device as locked.
  • Fixed route via departure dates not always showing as expected on the Route Properties dialog.
  • Fixed routes created in BaseCamp not displaying lane assist and junction views on some nuvi devices.
  • Fixed geocaches not correctly showing as found on Oregon devices.
  • Fixed search issue in some maps.
  • Fixed issue canceling route calculations.
  • Fixed out of memory crashes related to the undo buffer growing too large.
  • Fixed incorrect total space shown in the Device Information dialog for some nuvi and zumo devices.
  • Fixed Send To Device and Receive From Device dialogs sometimes not allowing the user to select a device.
  • Fixed an issue with BaseCamp prompting that old software updates are available.
  • Fixed other various bugs.

Addendum: we've just released 4.6.2. This is a bug fix release which addresses a common crash.

• Fixed an issue displaying route elevation graphs
  • Windows Media Player 11 is not compatible with Windows 10. I have Windows 10. Microsoft will not let me install Windows Media Player 11 on Windows 10.
    The new Basecamp requires Windows Media Player 11. So, Basecamp will not install.

I just upgraded the 4.6.1 version of Basecamp on Windows 10.

It installed and ran fine for me.
  • Windows Media Player 11 is not compatible with Windows 10. I have Windows 10. Microsoft will not let me install Windows Media Player 11 on Windows 10.
    The new Basecamp requires Windows Media Player 11. So, Basecamp will not install.

GregQ

Mine won't work either.
  • I've edited the initial post. We've just posted a 4.6.2 update. It addresses a common crash.

Our sincere thanks to the people who reported it.
  • I update to 4.6.2 today and found when I zoom in the map, it can not show correctly.
  • fix

Windows Media Player 11 is not compatible with Windows 10. I have Windows 10. Microsoft will not let me install Windows Media Player 11 on Windows 10.

GregQ

To fix turn on Windows Media Player feature of windows 10:

1. open control panel
    2. click "Programs"
    3. under "Programs and Features", click "Turn Windows features on or off"
    4. click the "+" sign next to "Media Features" to open the list
    5. click the box next to "Windows Media Player" so that the box has a check mark
    5. click "OK" at the bottom of the dialogue box
  • Please remove the dependency on Windows Media Player.

People who use one of the "N versions" of Windows do not have any WMP version installed, and it is pretty ridiculous to have to install that thing just to use BaseCamp.

Thanks.
  • Basecamp and Surface Pro 4

Hello,

BC still not works with a surface pro. After few clicks or time there is no respond and you have to kill BC.
    Any ideas?

Best regards
    Peter
  • Properties wrong in 4.6.2

The new 4.6.2 has at least 2 problems according to track properties:

1. When selecting 2 entries, the minimum and maximum speed are incorrect. Also the average speed is incorrect. Min and max altitude however are correct.

2. After selecting any line, you cannot return to the properties overview. Since the update clicking in the upper part of the window doesn't work anymore.
  • Help File not Available

BaseCamp 4.6.2: when you click on Help it brings you to http://static.garmincdn.com/basecamp/4_6/en/Default.htm

File Not Found
  • There is still an issue (at least for me) when using search. To reproduce the problem enter the map anywhere, click the magnifying glass with the search box empty, click search options, click Points of Interest, select Food and Drink and press search. You will be rewarded with a short list with maybe 3-8 items usually with items 1 & 2 duplicated, 3 & 4 duplicated, etc. If you then click on the ... or refresh you will get a complete list. It's not a big deal but it's been reported in at least the last 4 or 5 releases. Should have had time to fix.

Duplicated, this should certainly be easy for the developers to address.