Can't delete old activity recordings; keep showing up when connected to Basecamp. GPSMAP 67i

Hello,

I am on a Mac and trying to delete old activities from my 67i. I have deleted them in Basecamp and deleted them from the device itself in the Activities folder using Android File Transfer and every time I reconnect my 67i to Basecamp it shows all of the activities (even ones I have deleted) under the device. When I power on my 67i and go to the recordings, it only shows the ones I haven't deleted, which is what I want, but how can I get Basecamp to only see what is actually on the device and not all of the old activity recordings (even though I deleted them from the device)?

Thank you,

Andrew 

• Do you have setup your GPSMAP 67i with Garmin Explore app? If so that could be interfering with manually deleting activities via AFT or BaseCamp. Also, BaseCamp for Mac does not officially support the GPSMAP 67i (see here) so you may run into issues when using it with your GPSMAP.

If you want to delete activities you can do so via the device itself (Main Menu > Recorded Activities > open the activity you want to delete by pressing Enter > press Menu > select Delete. Or you can delete the activity via the Explore app and then do a sync to remove it from your GPSMAP.

And another thing to look into is in what file formats you save your activities. Default is FIT format only, but if you have configured your device to save in both FIT and GPX format, a copy is made in the Garmin\GPX folder. Basecamp will shows those tracks as well.