At the end of my tether, a device and software that costs this much should not be so unreliable

Best part of £600 for a GPSMAP 67i and £300 for Top Pro maps and I spend half my time trying to get the damn thing to stay connected to my Mac so I can install routes or plot out routes.

This is more of a general gripe, I don't know whether Garmin bother to read these forums, but it's really unacceptable.

I've now resorted to using the Android File Transfer and copying the GPX from OS Maps to the GPX folder on my device.

• Not sure exactly what your problem is ... perhaps you could explain more fully what your issue is as I'm not sure if you're complaining about BaseCamp or something else?

• Not sure what exact issue you're having, but one tip can give you is that when you use the GPSMAP 67i in combination with macOS, make sure to only have one program that can access the GPSMAP 67i running at the same time. In other words, when you use Basecamp, make sure that Garmin Express is fully quit (not running in the background). And when using Garmin Express, make sure that Basecamp is fully quit. This also applies to Android File Transfer.

The reason is that macOS has limited support for MTP, which is the way the GPSMAP 67i communicates with a computer when connected via a cable. An application needs exclusive access when using MTP, so that means only one application may be running. If you do not do this, applications will have issues on accessing the GPSMAP 67i.

• I share the same frustration as DarryIKG with a GPSMAP67. On two different macs (running the same OS x), the behavior differs.  The GPS does not connect at all on one of the two computers although the settings of Garmin Express at identical  ….  It does connect on the other computer. However, the time required to read the information stored on the internal memory of the GPS instrument makes (only native card material) is very long ( up to 12-15) minutes. As soon as an SD card is connected on the GPS instrument, BaseCamp simply refuses to establish communication … are we stupid customers ?

Additional information: the computer on which BaseCamp accepts to establish communication with a GPSMAP67 is having Garmin Express probably running in the background, since this option has not been disabled in the prefs. The other computer has identical settings and BaseCamp refuses to recognize the GPS. This is in contradiction with the observations reported by JungleJim. 

Caveat: a GPS instrument WITHOUT SD-card can establish comm. with BaseCamp on both machines. The SD-cards « alone » plugged in the computers are recognized by Basecamp.  

All this mess is absent with an older GPSMAP62 st.