Making the move to macOS Ventura. Time to abandon BaseCamp?

I'll probably be running macOS Ventura very soon. Either an OS upgrade or a new Mac. By all indications, in order to continue with BaseCamp after that upgrade, I'll need to view maps in 3D mode, which I have found to display unbearably poor visual quality. Alternately, viewing in 2D under Ventura is said to result in nothing but constant beachball spinning and not much in the way of productivity.

What other app is currently available that provides BC's same feature set?

I'm talking about storage of track and waypoints, displaying on the map of my choosing, providing data re distances, times, altitudes, etc and allows joining or splitting of tracks, modifying icons and names for waypoints, colors and names for tracks, organizing into folders of related data, etc.

I'm always fearful that some future OS upgrade will knock out my ability to save individual pieces of data in BaseCamp - tracks, waypoints, maps - and moving to a new app will mean starting from scratch.

Can't someone please purchase the code source for BC and keep it compatible with modern macOS offerings going forward??