Basecamp and Garmin Express in MacOS 13 (Ventura) M1 Mac

Will Basecamp and Garmin Express be updated for MacOS 13 Ventura? I have the beta on my machine and Garmin Express literally can't see my zumo XT. Basecamp, strangely, does connect and download the maps. However, I can't save these maps to my computer without Express working.

Will there be a M1 native update? Does Garmin even provide a roadmap for the future, or are we just slaves to their laziness?

The user experience with Garmin has always been awful. Too many apps. The online Explore website is from the 1990s.

Bruce 

• One thing that I have solved:  Garmin Express will *not* see the zumo XT if Basecamp is connected to it. In other words, quit basecamp and only have Garmin Express open when trying to connect.

• Having the same problem: on Ventura, Express can "see" most of my stuff, but can't stay connected to my EDGE 1040 long-enough to do a software update or map update.

• If have the same issue on MacOS 13 Ventura (on MacBook Air M2), but even worse: Garmin Express does no longer recognise my Garmin Forerunner (though actually well mounted on the PC). Tried to change some settings on System preferences, concerning Files access, but had no effect. Obviously, Garmin Express needs an update dedicated to the next MacOS 13.  

• Some Garmin devices mount using the  MPT file format to connect rather than the old FAT. I think it is all devices that support music playing but it could be more than that. MTP does not allow multiple connections on the Mac, so only one app can be used. Quill all apps and start the one you want and it should work. 

• OK, I tried this: quit all apps, and even close all Finder windows. But did not change the situation. The Forerunner is not recognised by Garmin Express. A solution (which is none in the end) is to uninstall Garmin Express, delete all Garmin Express elements in Library/Application Support, re-install Garmin Express, eventually reboot the Garmin Forerunner, and then mount it on the Mac. Then Garmin Express may recognise a new device to install. But then, after quitting Garmin Express, unmount and remount the Forerunner, no way... Garmin Express does not recognises it anymore. What a mess!

• One thing to remember is that the XT is an Android device therefore it isn't straightforward connecting to a Mac.  However it will connect eventually but you have to make sure of the following first.   The XT will only be allowed to connect to one process at a time therefore if Garmin Express is running then Basecamp will not connect.  Even though Garmin Express is closed it will still hang on to the XT so to disable that, click the triangle that is shown on the top right menu bar of the Mac screen so that process is disabled.  You should then find that the XT will connect to Basecamp albeit quite slowly.

One program that does assist in transferring data to the XT (and enabling editing of any Memory card installed) is 'Android File Transfer' so that is worth installing to your Mac

Hope that helps a little.

• Greetings all-

I have a Mac running Ventura. Garmin Express would recognize my RV890, but BaseCamp would not. In a call to Apple Support, we discovered that rebooting in Safe Mode (hold dow the shift key while it boots) and BaseCamp opened perfectly. 

Hope this helps you.