Epix 2 does't recognized by BaseCamp 4.8.12 MacOS Monterey 12.5

Hi!

I try to connect my watch Epix2 to my Mac. Because I don't have USB port (I have just TypeC) I have to use an additional TypeC - USB connector SATECHY. Mac doesn't see my watch by Finder, but Garmin Express see my watch well.

Additionally: My Mac is MacBook Pro 2018 with MacOS Monterey 12.5

To decide the problem:

1. I close Garmin Express and all other programs;

2. I tried to use different ports (I have four ones)

3. I tried to reinstall BaseCamp (I have the latest version of BC)

What I should do more? Help me please 

• So, I have found an interesting option is in my watch - USB setting. There are two positions, the first one has name Garmin and the second one has name MTP (Media transfer). And jumper stayed in MTP position. I tried to switch  it to Garmin mode and MAGIC! Basecamp found my watch. But additionally basecamp launched notice about mistake “Device connected incorrectly, try to reconnect”. Reconnect did not give any result(((

What’s wrong with that program??? 
    I guess it’s bad idea to lose 1000 USD and buy totally useless device. 

• Sure, here's a shorter version:

1. Check Finder preferences and ensure "External disks" is enabled.
    2. Verify USB-C to USB adapter is connected properly.
    3. Restart MacBook Pro and try reconnecting.
    4. Open Disk Utility to see if the Garmin device appears.
    5. Check System Report under USB to confirm device recognition.
    6. Review Garmin watch settings for USB connection mode.
    7. Ensure Garmin Express is up to date.
    8. If issues persist, contact Garmin Support for further assistance.
  • The Epix gen 2 will never appear in Disk Utility or in Finder because it uses MTP. It will work perfectly with BaseCamp, with one caveat: only one program can access an MTP device, so shutdown Express before you start BaseCamp.

Accessing files directly on the MTP device can be done with Android File Transfer or OpenMTP.

• Doesn't appear to be the case. I'm on Basecamp 4.8.13 for the Mac and neither my F7 Pro or Epix Pro are visible in Basecamp.

• I have the same problem as @philipshambrook in that my Epix 2 is not visible in BC although it works fine with Express. My use case is to be able to use the maps on my watch in BC and plan new hikes from there. Using the actual watch for planning a future hike is pretty much useless, giving the UI. So I really need this to work.

I have tried the suggestions given here as well as on this support page, to no avail: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=1zqDJKvolh9zPvNZSG5I56

To rule out my M3 mac specifically, I have tried this on an intel mac as well (both on Sonoma 14.2.1).

• You can use Garmin Explore the web based product to produce routes etc.  However, I’ve not found the maps much use in comparison to the ones I can load on Basecamp. There’s a few other issues too. Maybe if I persevered with Garmin Explore more I might get better results. 

• Thanks. I have tried Explore a bit, but find that it still lacks a lot of Basecamp's functionality, and there is yet no way of me to make use of the maps I have on the watch. Garmin clearly wants us to move from Basecamp, who is on the way out from what I have been told; but it is a shame that they don't add the Basecamp functionality to Explore until they stop updating Basecamp.