Part of one track missing

Hi 

I have something similar, I have sent Tracks to the an etrex 25, the end of the Tracks is missing, If I open the tracks with gpx viewer or gpx trackmaker the track is there in full. I have deleted the file (its on a sd card) resent it with BaseCamp, the end of the track is gone again. Really weird behaviour. I have tried this several times. i  have no Idea why it picks a certain point to stop the track.

• Because there is a limit on the number of track and route points that your Etrex will display. If you send a track or route over the limit they will be truncated.

• Thanks for your reply, I have split the track and it is showing all. 
    Is there any way of knowing that limit?
    Also if you are approaching that limit would this cause the unit to freeze or just be buggy?

• Nothing happens, once you reach the limit the track or route will end. 

For routes on your device the point limit is 50 if using the 'on road' setting, and 250 if using the 'off road' setting.

For tracks the limit is 10,000 points.

• Thanks for that, I didn't know this, I broke the sections down into small tracks and it worked. The unit even when the card with all the tracks was removed was still freezing. I did more than one hard reset, then cycled the unit on and off eventally it started working properly (no freezing) any ideas why this occurred? It is working now but curious as to why it would do that even if there is no SD card and no tracks on the internal. 

• Sorry no idea why it was still freezing but glad all is now ok.

• I've prepped for this when on a super-long trip with my 64st, saving track portions on occasion before getting near the limit. On my unit, I seem to recall that it is the points at the beginning of the track that will disappear as new points are recorded at more recent positions. I have always been able to later join the pieces into one track, if desired, in BaseCamp.

• This was a track, that I had made using Google earth Pro, then converted to GPX. The track was to long as Sassamb said. I used basecamp to break down into small sections and all tracks are on SD card. 

• The easiest way to limit the track points being sent to a device. is to change a setting in Basecamp Preferences.  I do this for my GPSMap 60csx and have it set to 500  The following is from the Basecamp Docs.

Setting Data Transfer Preferences
    You can customize how route and track data is sent to specific devices. The BaseCampTm' application remembers
    devices you have previously connected, and you can set preferences without connecting a previously connected
    device.
    1. Select BaseCamp > Preferences > Transfer.
    2. Select a device.
    Select one or more options:
    To reduce the detail of routes by removing points from the routes when they are transferred to the device,
    select Strip shaping points from routes on transfer to device.
    • To match the routes to the internal maps of the device when they are transferred, select Always match the
    route to the map on my device when transferring.
    • To limit the detail level of tracks sent to the device, select Simplify tracks by removing intermediate points,
    and enter the maximum number of points per track.

• Yes, that's a different behaviour as you're talking about recording a track on your device. That does work by deleting older points once you reach the 10,000 point track limit.