Zumo XT and Mac

Is there any reasonable solution to the compatibility issue between base camp and Mac and sumo XT

• Not sure exactly what issue you're having but you may get better help here https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/

• There is no compatibility issue. Just need to keep in mind that the Zumo XT is an Android device, and can only be accessed by one Mac application at a time. If it's not showing up in Basecamp, it's because some other application is connecting to it instead. Good chance it's Garmin Express, even if you don't actually have the app open -- if you're running the Express service (triangle shows up in your menu bar), it'll monopolize the connection to the XT. Quit out of the service (click on the triangle), then open Basecamp, and it shouldn't have any trouble seeing the XT.

• Mark,

I wish this were the case, but my Garmin Zumo XT seems to be incompatible with my Mac Mini using IOS 11.6.

I connect the Garmin and open Garmin Express.  Sometimes it will initially recognize the  GPS, but ultimately requests that I "reconnect device", which is still connected.  I cannot seem to get map updates to load.

After following advise to close out Garmin Express by clicking on the TRIANGLE in the menu bar, I open up Basecamp and the Task Launcher appears.  Clicking on "Manage Your Device" a pop up states "No Garmin device connected".

I am using a Garmin cable and the Garmin powers up when connected.  However, no interaction between Mac and Garmin is available 99% of the time.  There is the occasion when the computer does recognize the unit, but that period of time is short lived and ultimately I am unable to work with the device.

I am concerned that my only option is to purchase a PC compatible with the Garmin.