Export profiles to device

Hi everyone

I have a really annoying problem. I have an Etrex30 and when I use Basecamp I create a custom profile for MTB and the calculation of the route is perfect, Rarely a no-sense. The problem is the unit: when I am following a track/route and I just wanna go back home I have to calculate a new route, of course, unless I wanna do the same way back (which is 99% not the case). This leads to some no-sense routing because the profiles on the unit are only 3 (car, bike, pedestrian) and don't have a lot of the options available on Basecamp.

How can I have the same results on both? It's really frustrating...

Thank you Slight smile

• You can create your own profiles on your device. Then ensure your profiles on the device and in BaseCamp match as closely as possible, also check routing and avoidance settings are also as close as possible.

• Thanks SUSSAMB. Problem is: the device has 4/5 options. Base camp has 10+.

I hoped there was a way to have the same type of calculation. right now when I am far from home and I need to get back I just basically change maps and profiles until I find something decent. Not really handy but then I guess I have to keep it this way… 

its just annoying because phones still seem to be SO much easier to use when routing from the device. 

• It's true that there are more options but you can match them as closely as possible. You don't say which maps you use but the map can also make a significant difference, as they vary in which roads, tracks etc are routeable. BaseCamp and your device can only route you along tracks etc on the map marked as routeable in the map's data.