Garmin please compile Basecamp for Apple M1 silicon

Dear Garmin,

Please do not kill Basecamp. It is still great app. After releasing 4.8.12 for macOS it is working very well on intel Mac's but on M1 silicon it is terrible slow. 

Please consider releasing Basecamp compiled for newest Mac's with M1 silicon processor. 

Best regards
Arek

• Yep, 2D performance is dire and not all of what to run in 3D. 

Basecamp needs a re-write from ground up. It hasn't really been updated in about a decade. Interface and graphics badly need updating, but first the speed issue should be addressed. 

• I've used many (lost count) Garmin products since the first B&W brick. I've always been amazed about the quality and usability of the hardware.

At the same time the software has always been a work in progress. For a while I used DeLorme TopoUSA, but Garmin bought that and killed it.

Does anyone know of a big screen / laptop based mapping software that does not require internet connectivity? There are many applications that run on a phone (with a useless screen size for planning and searching) and all the ones I tried required a cell phone connection (useless in pretty much every place I would want to use GPS). 

BaseCamp (as bad as it is) still looks like the best option but with the movement to M1 Macs and OS upgrades, it is starting to become un-usable. 

I see more people in the back country, it seems like there is a real need and a real opportunity for a modern functional equivalent to BaseCamp.

Garmin, What's up?

• Yes please compile Basecamp for Apple M1. 

• I have been communicating with Garmin Tech Support for over a month about not being able to connect my DriveSmart 55 with my Mac M1chip, but my Etrex connects perfectly. They are experiencing connectivity issues with Base Camp and some other devices. They are not being honest with customers experiencing this problem. I received numerous solutions to the problem from their TS, knowing there their software needs updating, but will not admit it. If Base Camp no longer works with my Mac, I have not use of Garmin products.

• Honestly, I think it's too complicated, I haven't come across it.

• I have same problem .. I had a 2015 Mac Pro ... I just upgraded to M1 Mac Air and no connection with Base Camp .. it does connect to Garmin EXPRESS not to base camp ..

• I just posted about my experience with a new M1and Basecamp. My smart drive is connecting much faster on the M1. Are you running version 4.8.12?

• I just upgraded from a 21.5" 2017 Intel core i7 iMac with a 1 TB fusion drive to a 24" 1TB flash storage, 16 Gb memory M1 Chip. I was concerned after reading some post about problems but in my limited testing BaseCamp is outperforming my old mac by what appears to be doubling the map displaying speed and creating routes. I am running version 4.8.12. After doing Apple Migration form a Time machine backup, I did a lot of cleanup on Basecamp data base and deleted hundreds of waypoints and routes with no issues. I noticed several routes were straight lines but they were probably straight lines before the update. A recalculation of the routes fixed the straight line problem. I did not need to recalculate and routes as the straight line routes were very old. I created some Trip planner trips by dragging routes and it worked great. I store my BaseCamp data in dropbox so I can access he same data from a laptop. It only takes a couple of lines in terminal and I did not loose the dropbox connection when I migrated the data for the old iMac. Unless BaseCamp is different from most other apps, it should be a very easy port with apple tools. Can anyone tell me if the will be a BaseCamp Native for M1?

• Hello .. I solved the problem ... thank You .. I simply had to update my privacy settings ... for same reason after moving from old Mac to new one through Time Machine, they were changed ... Garmin Support here in Italy was very helpful on giving me the right advise ...and yes I was running version 4.8.12

• Problem is not solved for us with M1 Max w/ Silicon.....