Can't send map to my GPS because MapInstall (MAC) cannot find it

MapInstall (MAC) cannot find one of the maps installed in Basecamp, and hence cannot send it to my GPS.

The map is installed in Basecamp (and svaed in the appropriate library folder, with all other amps) and I can use it on Basecamp. But when transferring data to the GPS, the map will not be synced.

I checked on MapInstall and shockingly it does not list the map in question, it is as it would not exist.

Can anybody help please?

• Slightly confusing post as you say when transferring data to the GPS the map will not be synched.  Are you trying to transfer data or a map? If a map which map? How is that map available to BaseCamp? Maps aren't installed to BaseCamp but are instead installed to your Mac in a way that enables BaseCamp to read them. How was the map you're talking about installed to your Mac? Depending on how maps are installed depends on whether they are accessible to MapInstall.

• I installed the map by executing the gmapi file. After which, BaseCamp is able to access it. I double checked where the map file has been saved upon installation, and it appears to be in the correct folder, along with other maps already installed.

When I sync with the GPS... I tick the box that says "install maps after all items have been synced" or something like that. But the map in question does not appear in the GPS device, whereas all other maps do.

MapInstall allows to "customise" the map transfer to the GPS... so when I click that option again all maps appear except for the map in question.

In a nutshell, the map appears to be correctly installed, BaseCamp can access it... but MapInstall cannot and therefore cannot be transferred/installed in the GPS device.

I am a beginner and find it all very confusing. Any hep is much appreciated.

• Which map? If installed for BaseCamp to use have you tried installing it to your device from within BaseCamp?

• Great Britian Topo v2

"Installing it to the decixe from within BaseCamp"... Don't know how to do that

• If it's that map it's not possible to install it for BaseCamp so not sure now what the situation is. It is either purchased on a sd card or downloaded, and then locked, to a device. This explains why MapInstall can't see it.

www.garmin.com/.../