This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I delete GPX content (routes, waypoints, etc.) from my Zumo XT connected to MacBook Air (2020, Big Sur)?

I have a Zumo XT and MacBook Air (both less than 1 year old).  The MacBook Air is running Big Sur and all software is up-to-date.  While it takes nearly 5 minutes for the MacBook to recognize the Zumo XT while running BaseCamp - it does work.  Garmin Express recognizes the unit much faster.   BUT - the MacBook Finder never shows the device as a connected folder, like a USB stick.  Doing some Googling, I learned that this was the ONLY way to actually delete old GPX content from your Zumo XT: open it in Finder, open the "GPX" folder and delete the content.

This is useless if Finder won't see the Zumo.   

What am I doing wrong?  I have room left on my Zumo XT, but I don't like having old files hanging around.  Any ideas?

• I did check my Apple>Settings>Privacy settings and see that BaseCamp has "Full Disk Access".  The option shown in the FAQ is to give BaseCamp "Files and Folders" access by checking the box under BaseCamp for "Removable Disk Access".  This option is greyed out for me.

• OK - I found two solutions: 1) I plugged my Zumo XT into my high-end company Windows laptop.  They won't let me install BaseCamp, but it easily recognized the XT as a USB drive.  I was able to use File Explorer to open the GPX folder and delete the contents, 2) I went to my  www.explore.garmin.com account and found all of the tracks and waypoints I wanted to delete.  I deleted them all.   Now I will let the XT resynch via wifi (not sure exactly how this happens) and I hope everything will be cleaned out.   If you include manually deleting the files on the device, that makes for (3) separate ways to delete GPX content.  I understand, however, that if you don't delete it on www.explore.garmin, it will all magically reappear on your device when it syncs again.  That would be frustrating after going line-by-line deleting waypoints and tracks.

• I returned a Zumo XT yesterday for this very reason. Stick with the Montana if you want east controls and visibility in basecamp.