Mapping issues with waypoints

Hello friends. I have been using Basecamp 4.7.3 for about two months now and I am frustrated with it and its insistence on changing my route instead of keeping it on the roads I chose. It will constantly try and reroute my street choices and I simply hate that. When I create a route and try to force it to follow my street mapping by adding waypoints, I notice on dead straight aways with no way to turn right or left, the waypoint sometimes gets placed off to one side of the road and thus creates what appears to be a small leg of a road where there is none, and this causes the GPS to insist you make a right/left where there is none. It will go away if you continue forward and add some distance between that point. When I zoom in on this way point I can see a small dead end leg on the side of the road where this is no road to turn in to. My solution has been to hold down the "alt key" and then drag the waypoint more to the center of the road. Is there a bug or issue with this software that causes this? Or am I doing something wrong? The last issue I have is if I create a route using waypoints, and go halfway through the route and decide to switch to a different route, the route will try and force me to go back to the first waypoint which could be in another state. Is there a way to force the GPS and this route to guide you to the nearest portion of this new route and have you start navigating it from this point, rather than sending you to waypoint one, which could be miles away in the reverse direction? I realize you can specify which waypoint to start on but this can be quite confusing if you simply dont know which waypoint is closest to you. Many thanks folks in advance for any help. I love Garmin Basecamp and I refuse to give up on it since I have invested many hours trying to figure out numerous crazy problems, but it is so frustrating because for every problem you solve, the software seems to present five more.