This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Basecamp not rendering map correctly, yellow background overlays half of map

With a new Mac computer I installed Basecamp (latest version), and my base-map was corrupted. See image. So I deleted Basecampfrom the applications folder using the Garmin instructions, including the ~/Library files, re-installed Basecamp and it did not fix the problem. As far as I can tell there are no maps installed, no routes etc. I literally installed it fresh and launched the application, and half the map is missing. Hoping someone can help.

• As you posted this in the Windows forum I've moved it to the BaseCamp Mac forum.  This issue has been reported here before but I can't find the thread, hopefully someone here can help.

• exactly the same problem with my GPSMAP 66sr please can someone help? thanks

• Hi, I’m having the same exact problem with my 66SR too. Since I updated my device, for some odd reason the right part of the base map has disappeared. Just like in the photo above. Has anyone managed to fix this? I tried uninstalling from my Mac along with all system files and reinstalling, but the problem persists. Also I noticed that toggling to some other maps causes BaseCamp to suddenly crash. Garmin has not addressed this problem and for a device that costs 550 euros I think it’s shameful. Garmin should seriously start taking these issues a little more seriously because there are numerous accounts of dissatisfied customers with various bugs and malfunctions that Garmin ought to have addressed but instead they choose to just ignore these as minor incidents that don’t have an impact on their bottom line... yet. I for one own two 500 euro Garmin devices that do not function properly...

• Everbody has the same problems. From the Garmin Support I don't get any solutions. It's a shame for such an expensive device. It seems that Garmin is only in the Windows-World. Probably I will switch to a TomTom rider 550. Everything is synced via WLAN/Internet and it is super easy.

• If you peruse through the Basecamp and Express Windows forum it is not much better for them.  Basecamp and Express need some TCL because as of now they seem like abandonware.

• Me too, seriously unimpressed with it.

• Garmin has not addressed this problem and for a device that costs 550 euros I think it’s shameful. Garmin should seriously start taking these issues a little more seriously because there are numerous accounts of dissatisfied customers with various bugs and malfunctions that Garmin ought to have addressed but instead they choose to just ignore these as minor incidents that don’t have an impact on their bottom line... yet. I for one own two 500 euro Garmin devices that do not function properly...

• This thread is 5 months old - any solutions on this?? It's really annoying....

• Nope. No updates since December. I've had the problem on a brand new MacBook and fresh install of Basecamp. 

I sent an image to Garmin on Twitter who couldn't care less. I also sent a support request, and didn't get a response. 

Garmin just don't seem to give a ****. Same old story every time with that company.

• Thanks for your response. I tried everything but can’t to get it work. Strangely, after first install on a brand new Mac M1 (BigSur) it works for 2 weeks, but suddenly, the map doesn’t render correctly.

It‘s a shame Garmin doesn’t care at all. I will try to get in touch with them as you already did, but haven’t high hopes.