BaseCamp 4.8.11 + macOS Big Sur 11.1 is still slow?!

I am very happy with the latest update of BaseCamp which makes it usable on macOS Big Sur again. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing several issues:

- Zooming in and out is still slower than before.
- Sometimes BaseCamp freezes for a few seconds (5-15).
- The (re) generation of a route is much slower than before.

Creating routes now takes a lot more time!

Do others also experience this?

@Garmin:
Are these problems known to Garmin?
And will there be a solution?

• Yes, I also see this. BaseCamp even with the default global map (which has almost no detail at all) is painfully slow. Scrolling around, zooming, or doing pretty much anything goes at a snail's pace. It's maybe one frame per second, max? I have the latest MacBook Pro with an M1 chip, which is one of the fastest macs out there.

• I have the same problem, with Big Sur 11.1 simply impossible to use Base Camp, any suggestions? or does anyone know when Garmin intends fixing the problem?

• OMG...this is making me nuts! Sooooo slow even after the latest BC update. What's going on?

• 20 days later... still no response from Garmin Thumbsdown

• More than 6 months later... Pffff.....Haven't heard from Garmin... There is version 4.8.12!
    Before the update I did a test with a route of less than 200 kilometers: 

Regenerate time: 128 seconds!

In 4.8.12 >>>>> 5 seconds!! Wel done Garmin!

• The (re)generation of a route is in fact much faster with version 4.8.12. But navigating and moving within the map is still extremely slow under MacOS Big Sur. You can help yourself as follows:
    - Menu View > Show 3D maps only (translated from the german version)
    - In the map navigation control, double-click on the middle crosshair of the compass. The view will then be oriented vertically from above.
    - Click on the north arrow at the top left of the map to reorient the map to the north.
    - You are then in a kind of 2D view, but you have the speed of the 3D view.
    - The fonts and icons on the map are a bit blurred, but I can live with that.
    Ralle

• Great tip - thanks! I haven't noticed any increased blurriness.

• Wake up Garmin! NINE months after this post was opened and Garmin Basecamp 4.8.11 running on macOS Big Sur 11.6 is STILL very slow to scroll and zoom in/out when map is in 2D view (View menu).

An unsatisfactory fix is to select "View 3D Map Only", scrolling/zooming is fast but place names are blurred.

Oddly when "View Both 2D and 3D Maps" is selected, the 2D and 3D views in the split screen scrolls/zooms very well, until you move the vertical screen split to increase the 2D view, then it starts slowing down.

Come on Garmin, get your developers to look into this, the issue is not something that can be solved by the user community!