Any reports of Basecamp on a new M1 mac?

I'm looking for reports of people running basecamp on one of the new M1 macs.  If anyone has one, please let us know how basecamp works.

@garmin - I see a lot of disgruntled users on the app store and other places griping about basecamp.  Though there is room for improvement, please keep continuing to supporting Basecamp, I use it often and have found no better tool.  

• Super Slow...  Not at all useable.

Seems like it might be a Big Sur bug.  Using 3D only seems to make it useable again.  There are some odd glitches which I don't know if they are the Rosetta translation or if it's just Big Sur.  I have noticed a lot of bugs and glitches in the Big Sur update so it may be that.

• Big Sur is not the problem. The problem is that softwares and apps were not revised to be operable on the new macOS release. This is what should have happened the last few months under a beta development effort. 

• To run any existing application on an M1 Mac will mean utilizing the Rosetta 2 x64-to-ARM64 emulator. Assuming it works perfectly would mean it would also reproduce the same bugs as on an Intel Mac. If it does *not* work perfectly, there could be new bugs.

• With the M1 Macs, there is the new processor to deal with. Just like the transformation from Motorola PowerPC to Intel, there is now a transition from Intel to the M1. Apple presented this at the recent Event announcement of the new M1 based Macs. There will be built-in emulation until the conversion is completed. Emulation is not the same as native.

What needs to be done is that apps, such as BaseCamp, need to be reproduced natively for the M1 platform. Until then, they will be slow and appear kludgey. 

• In theory of course you a are totally correct, however there are reports of other software running extremely smooth, or even better, on rosetta, due to some weird coding thing.  Sounds like M1 chip allows different type of 'counting' within the code, and since that counting can happen faster, even though there are more steps to emulate, is still zippy.  Hard to believe, thus my request for first hand reports.  

• Early reports are the emulation works remarkably well, as long as the app does not require Intel AVX extensions. Read the section here titled "Running x86 apps": arstechnica.com/.../

• I bought a M1 Macbook air, 8 core, 16 g ram.  Basecamp is unusable in 2D mode.  Long hangs, spinny wheel, etc.  Switch to 3d view and it works great, except that 3d mode is totally annoying to actually use.  I think this has more to do with the new OS (Big Sur), than the M1.  A friend at work has a macbook pro a couple years old, upgraded to Big Sur, and is experiencing the same performance issues as I am.  

@Garmin - still waiting for your basecamp mac update!  Thanks!

• McKee, are you using BaseCamp v 4.8.11 and it's still unusable in 2D mode? That upgrade fixed it for those of us not using M1 Macs.

• Look at that! I was running 4.8.9 and I didn't see the update, as it isn't in the apple app store. Thanks for the tip.  I got previous updates via apple.  

Regardless, I just downloaded 4.8.11 and tested. Much improved (as in, now usable), but performance in 2D mode is still fairly slow, much slower than 3D mode.  

• Super Slow! O.S. Ventura M1 Max. There hasn't been any updates by Garmin.