This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Basecamp 4.8.8 crashes when ZumoXT connected

Running MAC OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and Basecamp 4.8.8

Have been using Basecamp in above set up for a number of years with a BMW NavigatorV satnav.  Purchased a new ZumoXT Satnav which connects OK with Garmin Express.  However, when I run Basecamp and connect my ZumoXT it starts to show in the Basecamp devices menu but a second or two later Basecamp crashes.  Have tried this multiple times with and without Garmin Express running, same result.

Any advice as to how to stop Basecamp crashing?

Best regards

• I am having the exact same issue but running 10.15.5 Catalina

• You can try uninstalling BaseCamp, creating a new admin user on the Mac, then reinstalling BaseCamp with the new admin account. Then, connect the Zumo XT to the computer making sure Garmin Express isn't running in the background. It may help further to go into the settings for Garmin Express and uncheck the boxes for "Always keep Garmin Express running in the background," and "Automatically launch Garmin Express when a Garmin Device is connected."
    Beyond that, if BaseCamp is still crashing when the Zumo XT is connected after the suggested steps have been tried, I'd like to get some information from you and your devices to investigate this further. Please send me a PM confirming the email address on your Garmin account so I can help you out.
  • Hi Andrew,

Ok that worked!! Map function is very slow I have to say but it's not crashing anymore with the new profile. 

Still crashing when using my normal profile with the following message from the report

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000000b9
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

• Glad to hear that worked. Closing this thread, please post a new thread if you have other questions. Thanks!