Previous versions of MapInstaller?

Where do I find previous versions of the map installer?

Yesterday I got etrex35 and started installing basecamp and all other files and noticed that all latest versions only support Mac 10.13 and up, I’m still running 10.12 and have no interest in upgrading my full system solely on garmin’s behalf.

I was able to find the previous version of basecamp, 4.8.6 and was able to load US topo maps into basecamp in the .gmapi format with the map installer.

but, I can’t find the previous version (4.3.1?) that fixes all issues and supports 10.12.  My issue is that with the installer version that I have now, I believe 4.0.something, it detects my Etrex and the sdcard but it keeps telling me that I have no free maps available to install.  I tried hacking this somehow to figure out where map installer is looking for map location and change the pointers but I can’t figure it out.

i actually could care less about basecamp app, I make my gpx tracks in suunto moves count or on strava and can move them to my device by just drag and drop, but my issue is that most online maps seem to be only available in .gmap format while on the sdcard they need to be in the .img file, and only a few resources online generate .img file.

can someone please advise what were the “last” working versions of apps for Mac that support 10.12 and where I can find them? Otherwise I think this unit will be returned and this will be my one and only foray into handheld garmin gps.

thanks in advance for your answers.